Need some advice about a medical bill

Hi all need some advice I've been here since the 15th of December but I've been back and forth to the UK I applied for my residence order a self-sufficient I had to go go to hospital on an emergency now now they have given me a bill of €2,500 they are saying I'm a resident of Malta but Malta ID are same that my application is still being processed the hospital said they are taking legal action against me I don't work here I am disabled but I travel back and forth to the UK has anyone ever been in this situation and what is the worst thing they can do if they take me to court

When you applied for your residence card you are normally given a temporary copy , you don't get free health care just by have your residence card, you either have to take out health insurance or if you are retired you go the S1 route..

Ok thank you for the information

You should have EHIC card from UK, and have shown that to the hospital in Malta. As UK is still within EU, that would work.

Kaar wrote:

You should have EHIC card from UK, and have shown that to the hospital in Malta. As UK is still within EU, that would work.

Once you have applied for a residence card you cannot use your EHIC card as it's for tourists only.

Kaar wrote:

Once you cease to be resident in the UK your UK issue EHIC becomes invalid and as the OP has stated he is resident in Malta now, even if he regularly visits the UK.