Moving to Brasil

May even have no flights to go home. No more mommy and daddy $$$. Then we will see.
I do not want them on a plane with me.
We have to keep some humor. Every web site is nothing but "chicken little" news.
I pray for all.
I can not image having a love one pass and can not be laid to rest and body has to stay in the home.

Absolutely!
On another note, I was able to complete my FBI vetting and got my results before I arrived home! (Had to drive 22 miles one way to do the appointment)
Came back printed it and mailed to US Department of State. Lets see if it will be back to me before I fly, if I fly!

dzgreek wrote:

Absolutely!
On another note, I was able to complete my FBI vetting and got my results before I arrived home! (Had to drive 22 miles one way to do the appointment)
Came back printed it and mailed to US Department of State. Lets see if it will be back to me before I fly, if I fly!

Wising you the best. Check state department for information as to their working schedule.
Have you thought about having a mail forwarding service? It is advised to have a US address. They will scan or send mail.
https://www.usglobalmail.com/personal/m … r_id=20382
Mention mwbrazil321 and it may give you a discount.

I do have both my kids living in Las Vegas. I did forward the mail there but it looks like I will postpone for now the flight.
I was watching Doria, governor of Sao Paulo tell the city that they shut down many non essential jobs.
So it looks like the city will be shut down for now. I do not want to be in an airbnb and stuck there not being able to do what i need to do.
So for now we stay here and maybe in 2-3 or 4 months can fly there. We will, like everyone stay tune and keep taking care.

Good choice. United and American stopped flights. Delta cutting back, but may soon follow. LATAM and other BR airline are hurtling.
Also think of health insurance. Without CRNM cannot get in BR. The expat providers are out pocket and long time to be reimbursed.
Even here we are now under shelter in place.
We go to LV a couple time a year, but now with all resorts shut down, no way. Must be a ghost town now. I feel bad for all the workers.

Yes, it is a desert town at least at night. Saw photos posted on Facebook. My younger trains for the police force and looks like they stopped the training for now.
The older one works for Costco and he works like crazy trying to keep up with the demand. I think because California closed the big cities the same will happen in Vegas too! Eventually.

Wish them the best. Do not know which is wore right now. Costco with every in lines but 200 lbs of this and that or protecting the city.
I know there is more than just gambling, but it's hurting all.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Doc  taking Sulfato de hydroxychloroquina, do tend to drool after 12 beers and every time I eat out with all the salt/sodium used, I guess I am trying to kill myself :dumbom:

:lol:

Hi everyone,
we are still entertaining the idea to try to fly on April 7th.
My wife says that Morro and the Minister of Saude declared that the borders now are close for Gringos like me. Only exceptions are repatriations of Brasilians and their family members.
Is that true or fake news?
Thank you!

It's true, per an email from the US Embassy in Brasília this morning.   The ban goes into effect on March 30, for an initial period of 30 days.  As a Brazilian citizen and the spouse of a Brazilian citizen, you are exempt,  but it will undoubtedly affect flight availability.

Hi Abthree,
I am usa citizen married to a Brazilian citizen.
I only have tourist visa for Brasil.
Will this restriction apply to me?
Will I be able to enter?
Thank you!

dzgreek wrote:

Hi Abthree,
I am usa citizen married to a Brazilian citizen.
I only have tourist visa for Brasil.
Will this restriction apply to me?
Will I be able to enter?
Thank you!

You are authorized to enter being married to a Brazilian citizen. Please read the new message from Brasilia posted by Abthree.

robal

As robal says, you should be ok.

To be safer, I'd have some extra documentation in my carry-on:  (1.) A copy of the Embassy's letter (should be available on their website) in case airline staff is hesitant about checking you in, and (2.) A copy of your Certidão Consular, as proof of your marriage if questioned at Immigration.

Good advice, I was thinking about it, some docs because LATAM did not have any info on their usa site a.bout restrictions this morning ( usa time)

Thank you Robal for the advice!

dzgreek wrote:

Thank you Robal for the advice!

Good luck!

Hi: just read your post re "Agree" is that  company to do Apostille of FBI report alike "Monument"? Do not understand the involvement of State. Thanks.

Yes, i understand it. It is a Federal issue not a state issue. If you choose to get state background you will have more problems in my case because I have move twice the last year.
Go with state apostile and you have to prove were you lived the last 5-10 years. Either way for me its ok but with more paperwork.

Wazzup

I'm not familiar with Monument;  I used National Apostille.
Official documents in the United States are issued either under Federal authority or under State authority, and apostilles have to come from the issuing authority; they don't apostille each other's documents.   So, for example, a FBI Background Check, being issued by a Federal agency, needs an apostille from the US Department of State; a birth certificate, being issued by a State agency, needs an apostille from the government of that State, usually  its Secretary of State's office.

abthree wrote:

Wazzup

Official documents in the United States are issued either under Federal authority or under State authority, and apostilles have to come from the issuing authority; they don't apostille each other's documents.   So, for example, a FBI Background Check, being issued by a Federal agency, needs an apostille from the US Department of State; a birth certificate, being issued by a State agency, needs an apostille from the government of that State, usually  its Secretary of State's office.

Exactly...

robal wrote:
abthree wrote:

Wazzup

Exactly...

I mentioned on my previous posts about Monument Visa because they´re only a few minutes away from the US Dept of State in Washington DC and they hand carry your criminal background check for apostille of said institution.

Hi, we managed to get around the requirement for apostilled documents, that pretty much says that each state or country only does their own.  We took the FBI background check documents and a letter from Social Security to a UPS store.  They had us sign a letter attesting to the validty and truthfulness of the documents.  Then they notorized the documents.  We then we took all of this to the state office and had them apostilled.  Because the documents had been notorized, they were acceptable to the state to be apostilled.   Strange, but it worked.  In the past I have done the same thing with passports.  Hope this helps.

We turned all of our documents and apostilles in to the company in SP that is helping us to obtain residency in Brasil.  They approved all of the documents .... and submitted them to the Minister of Justice and Public Safety.  We are now in the waiting period to see if everything is approved.  I will post again when we know more about the process.

That's a really clever workaround!   :lol:
Technically, the state could only apostille the notary's signature on your cover letter, which it did, and that apostille is valid.  The authorities here were looking for one document and one apostille, and found them.  Glad it worked for you.

Hi Abthree,
Well this an update of our saga here in Florida. Five days ago LATAM changed our flight ( original 7th to 8th of April). No problem there it's a new brave world but did not think it will be nice idea to send an email.
My FBI background apostille just arrived today.
Also we did not close on the house yet because the documents arrived late afternoon.
Our closer tried to help the closing procedure electronically ( new thing in buying selling property here) but it was no go too many glitches in the procedure. Anyway this morning they came and we signed face to face, hahahaha with masks of course!!
I swear to God it is crazy here.
Well everything is done but we cannot come to Brazil until at end of August.
Maybe if I persuade the wife we might start the visa here, maybe if we are lucky enough it will be processed on time.
I had to get a rental for 4 months here in Florida.
Well at least we are still healthy!

Excellent, thanks, makes muito sense!