Waiting time of type B residence card

Hello, everyone, does anybody have received 5 years residence card B recently? Can you please share your waiting time? I have been waiting for 8 months already but without any new, I went to my commune several times and they said they will help me to remind ministry office, still no news. Any advice? Does anybody have the ministry number I can call myself? Thank you

Hello,

For any official document, maximum deadlines are provided. except in cases requiring additional information, normally in your situation an answer must be given within a maximum of six months. The deadline has passed, so the administration must give you residence papers.

So go to your city hall

Hello, under which commune your residence falls?

Blueberry2018 wrote:

Hello, everyone, does anybody have received 5 years residence card B recently? Can you please share your waiting time? I have been waiting for 8 months already but without any new, I went to my commune several times and they said they will help me to remind ministry office, still no news. Any advice? Does anybody have the ministry number I can call myself? Thank you

From y understanding there is no limited period for type B card response (For type D card it is 5 months maximum).

If you there is a limited duration to get and answer for B card and it is already reached, you can contact "Le mediateur Federal"  and he will contact the Foreigners Office to give you the B card.

Abhi2010 wrote:

Hello, under which commune your residence falls?

Hi, Woluwe saint lambert, why did u ask so? It matters? Thanks

Sooileh wrote:
Blueberry2018 wrote:

From y understanding there is no limited period for type B card response (For type D card it is 5 months maximum).

If you there is a limited duration to get and answer for B card and it is already reached, you can contact "Le mediateur Federal"  and he will contact the Foreigners Office to give you the B card.

Correct, that's what the commune told me, no waiting limitation duration.

What is ‘ Le Foreigners Office', is there any contact to reach out? I have been waiting for 8 months already, any advice ?  How can I contact ministry office directly to ask myself? As every time I push commune it doesn't help. Or I apply card D now? Then waiting again for another 5 months? Are the obliged to give me card D after 5 months? Can someone share with me the documents for applying card D?

Thanks

@blueberry2018: Not sure if you can apply for card D when your application for card B is in progress, you will have to check this with your commune but if you apply for D card and ministry doesn't respond to your request within 5 months, then commune is obliged  to issue you a D card.

Even if you get B card, I would advise you to later request commune to change it to D card as with D card, you are registered in population register and no more in foreigners register which means that you are treated at par with a Belgian national and you can work elsewhere in EU with D card.

To be registered in population register is also a pre-requisite incase you want to apply for Belgian nationality in future.

My reason for asking about your commune is to know if at all, you reside in 1000 Brussels region as it is normal there to experience delays in processing your application.

Does anybody know, if I lose my job when I am waiting for card B or D, what will happen? Will I get my permanent residence card? As I have been working and living in Belgium for more than five years.
Another question, when I applied card B, I applied for my family together, they don't work. If I change to apply card D, will my family's card B request be stopped? What I mean ministry office will stop processing the card B request for my family, I need them to get card D first and apply card B again for my family?

Third question, after I get card D, if I lose my job and in between I am looking for new jobs for several months, will my card D be cancelled? With card B I think the answer is no, but card D I am sure.

Thank you

Abhi2010 wrote:

To be registered in population register is also a pre-requisite incase you want to apply for Belgian nationality in future.

I may have to correct your information. It's not prerequisite, you can apply for nationality with B card which means you're still being in foreign registration.

"Third question, after I get card D, if I lose my job and in between I am looking for new jobs for several months, will my card D be cancelled? With card B I think the answer is no, but card D I am sure."

Have you already checked the case for card D with your commune as I think once you get card B or D, until unless you have committed a serious crime, your card remains valid.

Same conditions for both cards regarding job (no need to work permit & you will not lose the status if you lose job).

Sooileh wrote:

Same conditions for both cards regarding job (no need to work permit & you will not lose the status if you lose job).

Thank you, do u know during the waiting period of card D, five months, if I loose job, will I get it card D? Currently I have a valid single permit

@Blueberry 2018: "What is ‘ Le Foreigners Office', is there any contact to reach out?"

It is immigration office which takes decision on your residence permit requests. You can reach out to them at [email protected].

Please note that they take minimum of 20 business days to respond.

Let us know if you get a response from them.

Abhi2010 wrote:

@Blueberry 2018: "What is ‘ Le Foreigners Office', is there any contact to reach out?"

It is immigration office which takes decision on your residence permit requests. You can reach out to them at [email protected].

Ok, I will. It seems nobody contacted that mail box before or got a response?
I contacted my commune to make an appointment for card D, they rejected me saying I have a valid residence for two years, my case is not urgent. But it is single permit, what if I loose my job and I have to look for another job, then I need to apply single permit again? And during my waiting period, as I don't have work, will I get my permanent residence?

Blueberry2018 wrote:
Abhi2010 wrote:

Ok, I will. It seems nobody contacted that mail box before or got a response?
I contacted my commune to make an appointment for card D, they rejected me saying I have a valid residence for two years, my case is not urgent. But it is single permit, what if I loose my job and I have to look for another job, then I need to apply single permit again? And during my waiting period, as I don't have work, will I get my permanent residence?

You have the right to apply for a residence card D since you have 5 years of uninterrupted residence in Belgium and you worked 5 years without interruption just before making the request.

I advice to make the request via a lawyer even if you will spend few hundreds of euros. Once you get your permanent residence card you may change the job without work permit issue.

Did you check with them the actual reason for not accepting your request for D card right now as due to the ongoing corona virus pandemic, they might not be accepting any non-urgent requests?

Regarding the email ID I shared above, I have contacted them several times since 2017 but their response time as well as the information they revert with is deteriorating every year!

Abhi2010 wrote:

Did you check with them the actual reason for not accepting your request for D card right now as due to the ongoing corona virus pandemic, they might not be accepting any non-urgent requests?

Regarding the email ID I shared above, I have contacted them several times since 2017 but their response time as well as the information they revert with is deteriorating every year!

Yes, due to the lock down of corona and also they checked my residence card, still valid for two years so they came to the conclusion that my card D request is not urgent. While my residence card is single permit, if I loose my job, I need to reply a single permit sponsored by new employer. That's not convenient

I heard that for some applicants the ministry will grant the card B after expiry of the current Residence Permit. Is this true?

I the current residence permit expires in 2 or 3 years, should the applicant wait for his B card all this long duration?

Sooileh wrote:

I heard that for some applicants the ministry will grant the card B after expiry of the current Residence Permit. Is this true?

I the current residence permit expires in 2 or 3 years, should the applicant wait for his B card all this long duration?

This is the style of fake news that you should never pay attention to.

It is not because the current situation has put many things on hold. That the state will decide to grant ex-officio visas to thank you for having patience ...

Blueberry2018 wrote:
Abhi2010 wrote:

Yes, due to the lock down of corona and also they checked my residence card, still valid for two years so they came to the conclusion that my card D request is not urgent. While my residence card is single permit, if I loose my job, I need to reply a single permit sponsored by new employer. That's not convenient

What if you apply for unlimited work permit? I don't know if it will be feasible, but if it is the case you can change employer without the need for a new Work permit specific to the new employer.

Sooileh wrote:
Blueberry2018 wrote:
Abhi2010 wrote:

What if you apply for unlimited work permit? I don't know if it will be feasible, but if it is the case you can change employer without the need for a new Work permit specific to the new employer.

It will be more complex as I heard it needs past five years pay slips, I don't have it anymore as I changed my job in between. I managed to apply card D recently, so I new waiting period started. Do u know if I loose my job during the waiting period, can I still receive card D after five months? My single permit still valid for two years but just afraid if loose job, if it is still valid or not. Thanks

@Blueberry2018: If you happen to loose your job during the processing of D card application, it may result in negative response from ministry but I think ministry has other higher priority tasks than looking into B card or D card applications and hence, you might have experienced long delays with your B card application.

May I know what did your commune say about your D card application? Did they confirm that commune will issue you D card if ministry doesn't respond to your D card application within 5 months?

Also, may I know are you on deputation in Belgium or employee of a Belgian company?

Hi How did your card D application result go.

I recently applied for card D in 2021 and 4 months to go.

Hi,

Did you apply for card D? if so, did you receive the result?

Thanks for your info!

you are not the only one, I have been waiting for almost five months for B residency normally it takes longer than the usual time especially now during covid

okay.

I applied for card D in July 2020 and received in February 2021.
see below timeline:
submitted documents via email on 13 Jul
they accepted documents and gave bijlage 16,16bis on 17 Jul and gave town hall appointment on 17 Dec
I missed the appointment in Dec and got another appointment in Feb
on 3 Feb they gave the approval letter and in 2 weeks got D card

Thank you, Ashutosh for sharing your timeline.

ashwanikverma wrote:

Hi,

Both me and my wife applied for the PR Card D in the commune. But if my request for D is rejected. But my wife get the D card.
What would be the status of the family members?
as a spouse shall I also become eligible for PR card?
Also what about kids will they also get the PR?

Anyone please advice.

@ashwanikverma: status of the family members will not change in case your wife gets the D card.
You have to satisfy following conditions to be eligible for D card:

https://www.agii.be/thema/verblijfsrech … ingezetene

If you and your kids are registered as family members of your wife then you are eligible for PR (C card) after 5 years of stay. see this: https://www.agii.be/thema/vreemdelingen … he-c-kaart

ashwanikverma wrote:

I have already completed 5 years of stay as expat worker....so will I be eligible for C card?
Second Will I be able to work with C card?

@ashwanikverma: yes and yes.

Hi All,

Anyone on a scientific visa (researcher) working in a company/lab received card D after 5 years? 

Do they consider researchers working on a scientific visa (after paying tax for 5 years) are considered as students and only 50% of the time is considered?

Thanks!

info:
I received card D in 3 months (exactly).

Hi expat2021, can you please give some details like which commune you applied the card D ?

In Wallonie.

@Blueberry2018 did you receive your B card or you received your D card?

How long it took ?

thanks for answering and helping .