Coronovirus

Good Morning all,

Just found out that Malta gov has just placed 14days mandatory quarantine to all travellers entering Malta from Friday night. Does any one know where these people are held? and if they are only stopping for 7 days how are they getting home? If they are to remain in the country who pays for them as the insurance companies are now not paying out. We were going to travel over on Tuesday to look at property to rent as we are almost ready to move over there. Looks like we're having to cancel or are being cancelled.

You will be held in your hotel room for 14 days regardless of how long your visit is.  You must order food as room service.  The cost of all of this is on you.  If you step outside your room you get a 1000 euro fine per person per occurance.  The police come to your hotel each day to check you are complying.  After the 14 days are up you are free to move around.  There is a risk that you may have to do it all again when you return.

Also the realtor said today that they are not seeing clients in person at the moment so it is not possible to see any properties anyway.

Nearly everything is closed and you will not get a representative idea on what Malta is like by looking around at the moment.

You should not come.

Tim

I wonder what happens if you're booked in self-catering?
;)
Ron

You can still get deliveries of groceries left outside your door.

The policy allows those who can tolerate the quarantine such as people actually moving or those who need to return home to malta to still come while making sure that everyone else will not come.

Ron Shirt wrote:

I wonder what happens if you're booked in self-catering?
;)
Ron

You have to stay in the property the same as you would in a hotel, don't know about food other then getting it delivered, best to cancel your holiday then be quarantined for the whole trip.

The ruling states that tourists visiting for less than 14 days must remain in quarantine throughout their stay but are allowed to return at the end of their short stay, subject to  travelling direct from accommodation back to the airport and are also subject to a virus check. There is the problem, of course, that there may not be a returning flight!

www.maltatransfer.com when booked with code "mtasupport" will provide free transit from hotels to airport for those departing.

volcane wrote:

www.maltatransfer.com when booked with code "mtasupport" will provide free transit from hotels to airport for those departing.

are you sure about this because i have seen that someone said that this offer is not for everyone

The post you are referring to is from last year, circumstances may have changed.

GozoMo wrote:

The post you are referring to is from last year for ***, circumstances may have changed.

yeah i understand that.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct