Vietnam suspends entry for Schengen, UK arrivals

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/covid … 69186.html

Tough but necessary

Any update on those already here & need new visa within the 30 days + of the restriction?

"Foreigners who are experts, business managers and skilled workers wishing to enter Vietnam must undergo medical examination and follow anti-epidemic measures at enterprises and accommodation facilities in accordance with the Health Ministry's regulations."

Thank god Im an expert, they will allow me to come back in. Just have to figure out what type of expert I am.  :)

goodolboy wrote:

Any update on those already here & need new visa within the 30 days + of the restriction?

Do you have a regular Visa agent?

They should know the latest.

If you don't have one, send me a private message and I'll hook you up with my lady in Hanoi who is very aware of what's going on with immigration, centralized there

what about those with residence (TRC) i have one and due back from UK on Monday.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Do you have a regular Visa agent?

They should know the latest.

If you don't have one, send me a private message and I'll hook you up with my lady in Hanoi who is very aware of what's going on with immigration, centralized there

Thanks for help, I have regular agent, the post was like a general info questionfor everyone really. I have some time as my visa is good till 8th May, hope its all blown over by thwn.......untill next year that is!!

stevescoots wrote:

what about those with residence (TRC) i have one and due back from UK on Monday.

This may help.UK vistors

colinoscapee wrote:

"Foreigners who are experts, business managers and skilled workers wishing to enter Vietnam must undergo medical examination and follow anti-epidemic measures at enterprises and accommodation facilities in accordance with the Health Ministry's regulations."

Thank god Im an expert, they will allow me to come back in. Just have to figure out what type of expert I am.  :)

my GF says I am a sexpert, (not sexpest) does that count?? :lol:

goodolboy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

my GF says I am a sexpert, (not sexpest) that count?? :lol:

One person's opinion is not enough to gain expert status. Please lodge written evidence from previous victims.

Not sure if this is right place to post this but hopefully someone can translate better than Google, just got this sent on Zalo from my GF

Hàng ngàn cư dân chung cư Hòa Bình (quận 10, TP.HCM) đã 'nội bất xuất ngoại bất nhập' sau khi một cư dân ở chung cư này nhiễm dịch bệnh Covid-19 -  bệnh nhân số 48.

Từ 22 giờ ngày 13.3, toàn bộ 1.054 người trên 4 block ở chung cư Hòa Bình (phường 14, quận 10) đã thực hiện lệnh "nội bất xuất, ngoại bất nhập" sau khi một cư dân chung cư được xác định nhiễm Covid-19

This hasnt even begun yet... wish i was wrong about that

goodolboy wrote:

Not sure if this is right place to post this but hopefully someone can translate better than Google, just got this sent on Zalo from my GF

Hàng ngàn cư dân chung cư Hòa Bình (quận 10, TP.HCM) đã 'nội bất xuất ngoại bất nhập' sau khi một cư dân ở chung cư này nhiễm dịch bệnh Covid-19 -  bệnh nhân số 48.

Từ 22 giờ ngày 13.3, toàn bộ 1.054 người trên 4 block ở chung cư Hòa Bình (phường 14, quận 10) đã thực hiện lệnh "nội bất xuất, ngoại bất nhập" sau khi một cư dân chung cư được xác định nhiễm Covid-19

It's not the right place to post it.

This is an english-language forum and we're supposed to only post English.

If we post small amounts of Vietnamese we are supposed to also include a translation.

goodolboy wrote:

Not sure if this is right place to post this but hopefully someone can translate better than Google:

This is the translation which Google should provide, but it'll be a long time before any software can translate adages:

"Thousands of residents of Hòa Bình apartment building in District 10, Ho Chi Minh City were in lockdown after a resident became infected with Covid 19.  This is Coronavirus patient N. 48.

Starting at 10PM on March 13, all 1054 residents in the 4 blocks of Hòa Bình apartment building (ward 14, district 10) have gone into lockdown after one resident was confirmed to be infected with Covid 19."

The literal translation of "nội bất xuất ngoại bất nhập" is "not exiting from the inside, not entering from the outside". In this case, a lockdown.

Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Not sure if this is right place to post this but hopefully someone can translate better than Google:

This is the translation which Google should provide, but it'll be a long time before any software can translate adages:

"Thousands of residents of Hòa Bình apartment building in District 10, Ho Chi Minh City were in lockdown after a resident became infected with Covid 19.  This is Coronavirus patient N. 48.

Starting at 10PM on March 13, all 1054 residents in the 4 blocks of Hòa Bình apartment building (ward 14, district 10) have gone into lockdown after one resident was confirmed to be infected with Covid 19."

The literal translation of "nội bất xuất ngoại bất nhập" is "not exiting from the inside, not entering from the outside". In this case, a lockdown.

Thank you so much for the translation & clarification.

Hey Ciambella,
You are swell! But I dun even know where is District 10, let alone visiting it,,

LSP123 wrote:

Hey Ciambella,
You are swell! But I dun even know where is District 10, let alone visiting it,,

There is no reason for most expats to visit District 10 unless they want to take their children to the Children Hospital (Bệnh Viện Nhi Đồng) or if they want to share the local experience of being treated in the very crowded public hospital (Bệnh Viện Nhân Dân 115).  This particular hospital became infamous 10 years ago when it developed the practice of forcing the patients to buy prescription meds only at the hospital's pharmacy and nowhere else. 

You see, the hospital's fee is low and the physicians' skills is rather good (more than 100 successful open heart surgeries and a couple dozen kidney transplants, for instance), but the pharmacy charges up to 800% higher than the market price for the same meds.  This practice has been brought up every now and then in one of the many government-run newspapers.

District 10 is right next to District 3 on the NE side but I wouldn't fight the traffic just for a visit.