Vietnam suspends a few nationalities from VISA application

In Thailand, there are some expats who are always trying to circumvent the system to get a visa or extension by dubious means.  I'm sure the same is true in Vietnam.

It usually comes back to bite them sooner or later. 

Best to stick with means that can openly be described on a forum.  If you have to PM somebody to get details, it's probably not a good idea.

My advice would be to find a reputable and well-informed professional agent who can advise you with sound options that you won't lose sleep over.

Just my opinion; take it for what it's worth.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Good idea.

We are not allowed to post illegal enterprises in public on the forum.

😎

I did not say it was illegal, it isn't.
But with a few on here claiming to know everything there is to know about everything then there is little point explaining. The only way I know for sure that saves a great deal of money is a process I have almost completed which I will relay to the guy asking for advice.

Oh.

I stand corrected.

That sounds TOTALLY legit.

😂

I am surprised that with your self proclaimed extensive contacts from Hanoi to the Delta and all the various dating apps and massage parlours you frequent, whilst still being a devout church goer, that you do not know of a simple way to extend a visa without using agents ( that you are obviously trying to promote ). There is paperwork to complete and various offices to visit that the applicant can do themselves at their own expense and time.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Maybe time for the payout on a long con, if he's indeed found the right mark.

Who knew he was dealing visas?

Jeez . . . You are the one trying to promote your Visa guy in Hanoi. Am only interested in solving the issue with no interest whatsoever in Visas in general. Don't judge others by your own methods.

Oh, you've got me all wrong.

I've actually been waiting for just the right moment to...

Send me a PM and I'll give you the inside scoop.

Don't forget your credit card number...

Don't be ridiculous. Exactly the reason I have suggested corresponding via a pm. Contact the person involved and ask !

Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:

I did not say it was illegal, it isn't.
But with a few on here claiming to know everything there is to know about everything then there is little point explaining. The only way I know for sure that saves a great deal of money is a process I have almost completed which I will relay to the guy asking for advice.

Oh.

I stand corrected.

😂

I am surprised that with your self proclaimed extensive contacts from Hanoi to the Delta and all the various dating apps and massage parlours you frequent, whilst still being a devout church goer, that you do not know of a simple way to extend a visa without using agents ( that you are obviously trying to promote ). There is paperwork to complete and various offices to visit that the applicant can do themselves at their own expense and time.

Well then now I understand why you don't want to make that information public. 😉

In your zeal you have concocted a narrative which has no basis in fact.

I am able to talk about religious traditions and experiences without attending church services; a practice I left behind when I left the states.

Also, I feel a bit embarrassed for you.

That last harangue sounds a lot like the winner of 2nd prize spewing sour grapes.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Oh.

I stand corrected.

😂

Well then now I understand why you don't want to make that information public. 😉

I am able to talk about religious traditions and experiences without attending church services; a practice I left behind when I left the states.

Oops. . . check your posts about your church meetings and your inability to find " friendship' there as an excuse for using dating sites.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Jeez . . . You are the one trying to promote your Visa guy in Hanoi. Am only interested in solving the issue with no interest whatsoever in Visas in general. Don't judge others by your own methods.

Looks like Mr Vietnam thinks Im replying to him.

Maybe someone is off his meds.  :dumbom:

Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:

Oops. . . check your posts about your church meetings and your inability to find " friendship' there as an excuse for using dating sites.

Oops! You check, SFB.

You read what you wanted to see

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:

Looks like Mr Vietnam thinks Im replying to him.

Maybe someone is off his meds.  :dumbom:

Stop throwing your toys out the pram and grow up.

So does anyone know if the required exit from Vietnam every three months on a 1 year US visa has a workable solution?  I was going to the US in April to take care of that, but it is increasingly likely that I won't be able to make that trip, and if a border run is out, what will work?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Oops! You check, SFB.

Nope. Check all your posts.

Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:

Oops. . . check your posts about your church meetings and your inability to find " itti' there as an excuse for using dating sites.

Oops! You check, SFB.

Hahaha!

You probably want me to tell you the time when I'm holding a glass of water.

You're a waskily wabbit

paulmsn wrote:

So does anyone know if the required exit from Vietnam every three months on a 1 year US visa has a workable solution?  I was going to the US in April to take care of that, but it is increasingly likely that I won't be able to make that trip, and if a border run is out, what will work?

Am almost through the extension process. Once completed I will tell you what I did and where I went so you can do yourself. Facts are impossible to get on here as many forum members are only interested in their own self esteem and being right all the time even when they are not. Once I know the method I used works as relayed to me via my district officer I will let you know.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Oops! You check, SFB.

Hahaha!

You're a waskily wabbit

Yet another intelligent comment.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Oops! You check, SFB.

Hahaha!

You're a waskily wabbit

OB, have you noticed a bad smell that seems to be lingering?

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Indices wrote:

Hahaha!

You're a waskily wabbit

OB, have you noticed a bad smell that seems to be lingering?

Probably has ..  have you tried deodorant ?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

OB, I wonder why the details are not being shared with everyone? Looks like it only happens via PM.

Jeez all the guy Indices did was offer to help the other guy out to get his visa extension without leaving the country or costing a fortune. From what I read all he was offering was to share his experience & if he has a contact to help & wants to tell him in private & not on the forum, so what? For me you guys are taking this whole thing completely out of context!
Wont be the first time Ocean you have told someone to PM you on here & why would there be a problem with that?
I for one am in shock at your reactions to be honest!

Wavehunter wrote:

In Thailand, there are some expats who are always trying to circumvent the system to get a visa or extension by dubious means.  I'm sure the same is true in Vietnam.

Best to stick with means that can openly be described on a forum.  If you have to PM somebody to get details, it's probably not a good idea.

My advice would be to find a reputable and well-informed professional agent who can advise you with sound options that you won't lose sleep over.

Bit like you asking on the Vietnam forum about Biz DN visas & Entrepreneur Visa eh, all legit is it?

goodolboy wrote:
Wavehunter wrote:

Bit like you asking on the Vietnam forum about Biz DN visas & Entrepreneur Visa eh, all legit is it?

The reaction from someone who does not even live here is precisely the reason I went for a PM.
I note they are also recommending a professional agent when all they are interested in is exploiting the situation and getting as much money as they can. I prefer to go the other way and deal with the matter direct via the government themselves. At least by taking the advice of a district officer you have some recourse if it doesn't work.

goodolboy wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

OB, I wonder why the details are not being shared with everyone? Looks like it only happens via PM.

Jeez all the guy Indices did was offer to help the other guy out to get his visa extension without leaving the country or costing a fortune. From what I read all he was offering was to share his experience & if he has a contact to help & wants to tell him in private & not on the forum, so what? For me you guys are taking this whole thing completely out of context!
Wont be the first time Ocean you have told someone to PM you on here & why would there be a problem with that?

Well the guy does have a habit of asking other posters to share details. Like he asked me to do yesterday.

Why not post it after its been done...nope, just wants to big note himself.

Beware of trolls, this guy is a good one.

It is a completely ignorant assumption that all professional agents are crooks only out to get your money.  Some may be, many are not.  Many are providing a professional, legal, and totally transparent service that can openly be discussed on a public forum.

Again, if you can't describe a procedure openly in the forum and have to resort to telling members to PM for details, that should be a "red flag" in any intelligent person's mind.

As for the other ludicrous comment made just now about entrepreneurs, I won't even dignify that inflammatory comment with a reply.

colinoscapee wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Well the guy does have a habit of asking other posters to share details. Like he asked me to do yesterday.

Why not post it after its been done...nope, just wants to big note himself.

Beware of trolls, this guy is a good one.

A definition of a troll is not someone that disagrees with you. The PM is precisely because of the misinformation and irresponsible replies to a member that is worried and concerned. Incidentally, as you are obviously confused, the definition of Bye can be found on Google, it that is too difficult I can send you a link . ..  .Oh, forgot . .. You are not reading my posts.

Wavehunter wrote:

It is a completely ignorant assumption that all professional agents are crooks only out to get your money.  Some may be, many are not.  Many are providing a professional, legal, and totally transparent service that can openly be discussed on a public forum.

Again, if you can't describe a procedure openly in the forum and have to resort to PM to discuss, that should be a "red flag" in any intelligent person's mind.

As for the other ludicrous comment made just now about entrepreneurs, I won't even dignify that inflammatory comment with a response.

The PM was precisely that and none of your concern. If you have doubts about the content then ask the person concerned. The reason for telling him to start the process now is because it takes time and I do not know how long he has. If I wait until the processes completes it may be too long for him to begin.
It costs nothing other than his time. As my situation unfolds I will relay each step that has been completed.
I made no comment about entrepreneurs.
Supposition, unwarranted assumptions and general misinformation claimed as 'fact' together with YouTube quotes will not help the guy. Step by step guidance on what is actually happening to me personally, what I have had to do and where I needed to go is a damn sight more relevant than comments from someone in Thailand.

Hahaha, whoever posted the lovechild post...classic.

colinoscapee wrote:

Hahaha, whoever posted the lovechild post...classic.

Was funny.
Had a few of those claims over the years. Had a vasectomy after my daughter was born 34 yrs ago. Guess you can add that to your other idiotic comments. Wrong as usual.

Watching people self-destruct is wonderful.

Wavehunter wrote:

Again, if you can't describe a procedure openly in the forum and have to resort to telling members to PM for details, that should be a "red flag" in any intelligent person's mind.

As for the other ludicrous comment made just now about entrepreneurs, I won't even dignify that inflammatory comment with a reply.

Nothing to do with you, stick to posts about Thailand, well better just not post at all better!! You got nothing to contribute but post to inflate your already inflated ego.

colinoscapee wrote:

I learned the method from Australians.

British....learnt
American....learned.

Someone is one confused pommie.

Why do you people gang up like that?  I don't peruse these pages all that much, but I keep coming across these series of posts where some regulars attack a poster incessantly.  It makes for a very mean-spirited site.

Oh, and that fake post was simply childish.

paulmsn wrote:

Why do you people gang up like that?  I don't peruse these pages all that much, but I keep coming across these series of posts where some regulars attack a poster incessantly.  It makes for a very mean-spirited site.

Thanks but do not be concerned. When someone genuinely tries to help someone else on here it usually draws out the 'know it alls' which is why I suggested a PM to the guy that originated the thread.
Am only interested in him finding a solution as he is obviously confused and worried. As for the rest of the remarks it is just people trying to inflate their egos, nothing more.

For those who seem to have forgotten the title of this thread, it actually pertains more to people living outside of Vietnam seeking a visa, than those currently living inside its' borders, and is certainly not the private domain of "certain" very mean-spirited and angry members participating in it presently.

paulmsn wrote:

My own cunning plan is currently... do nothing. Flight back to UK scheduled for 24/04 but the odds of that happening are getting smaller by the day, the airline has already chopped the flight about once. Visa expires first week of May.

Hopefully by then, some procedure for extending visas in-country will be known that doesn't involve paying an agent $467 (what the agent I use normally for a VOA letter is quoting on their website)

Being stuck here legally or otherwise might be a blessing in disguise, a lot of folk I know in the UK are already facing shortages of just about anything edible... no biscuits! - England is headed for total anarchy  :sosad:

paulmsn wrote:

Lodge a report with admin if you are so offended.

colinoscapee wrote:

===
Yes, but seeing them destroy a useful and helpful thread in the process is not.

Wavehunter wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

===

So why do it ?

Wavehunter wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

===

Yes it is a useful thread except .......
for your self ego indulging posts, perhaps you should permanently ban yourself from the thread & do us all a favor! instead of running to the moderators behind peoples backs & getting them banned from the Forum! People  who have a lot more to give a Vietnam Forum than you have.

Just got message.
6 month visa extension granted, Cost $10 plus I gave $20 dollar coffee money that was unsolicited.

Indices wrote:
Wavehunter wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

===

So why do it ?

===
You are asking me that question?  I think someone (not mentioning anyone specific) who was recently banned for such bad behavior should be better able to answer that question. 

Please tell us why mean-spirited, personally derisive comments directed at other members is preferable to fact-based, objective debate over differences of opinion.

Wavehunter wrote:
Indices wrote:
Wavehunter wrote:

===

So why do it ?

===
You are asking me that question?  I think someone (not mentioning anyone specific) who was recently banned for such bad behavior should be better able to answer that question. 

Please tell us why mean-spirited, personally derisive comments directed at other members is preferable to fact-based, objective debate over differences of opinion.

YouTube ?

Wavehunter wrote:
Indices wrote:
Wavehunter wrote:

===

So why do it ?

===

You Tube ? Facts selected to suit argument ?
Don't think so thanks.

Closed