Pre Marriage Long Term Visit Pass Rejected(SG/F, EU Citizen/M)

Hi All,  I have a question about an issue with my Pre Marriage LTVP rejection.

My significant other is a Singapore citizen (F, 30), salary about 2.9k
Im from Europe(Poland) here on EP (Male, 33), salary above 13k. I work in a very skilled and respected industry.
I have been living and working in Singapore for for 8 years on an EP, and we have been together for 4 years.

Our ROM is on 2 April 2020, We should fulfill ALL the criteria for a Pre Marriage LTVP?!? But its been rejected on 9 March 2020.

There is 1 caveat, I am under investigation for the past 2 years for an assault that happened in a bar. There has been no conviction, but a charge has been laid on all individuals involved. I am contesting mine for the past 12 months with an attorney, I was obliged to put this into the application, but again I put "No conviction" .

My questions are:
1.) Is it possible to contact/visit the ICA investigators and find out where they actually have a problem with our application?
2.) Possible it could be a small error on our part of addresses used? (She used her parents place, I used my rented place.) What if I changed my address to her parents place? I have lived there for several months before when we apartment searching.
3.) We can change our addresses on Singpass to my rented place and change our status from "Single" to "Cohabited" Will this help?
4.) Is it possible to 2.9k she is earning is not seen as enough to support me in event of job loss?
5.) And finally, the elephant in the room, do they have the heart to deny a pass or an investigation that is still not complete and has been ongoing (and will be ongoing) indefinitely.

Pleased to hear comments on this interesting case. I think ill go to ICA tomorrow anyway and try to see if I can get to them.

What's the purpose of your pre marriage LTVP? You are holding EP and on your job. Both of your marriage yet to take place then LTVP based on the basis of spouse doesn't exist. How she will be successful to apply LTVP for you when her earnings is way below to average capped earnings in Singapore to eligible for keeping  spouse in SG (i.e. S$6k).

Address should mention which was on record at MoM and ICA database because your work pass card was issued and IRAS notifications go to your registered address. So, any govt declaration your address should be the same as per their record. You are free to change address then needs to update at MoM website.

Any police case pending against a foreigner is not a good sign here. It will always go against the individual who was charged (it will not longer affect if the outcome of the hearing will declare that you are not convicted and case is withdrawn).

Hi Surya2k

Thanks for the reply.
I believe you are referring to the MoM requirement for an EP holder wanting to bring in their spouse, In my case we are doing it through the ICA (where Singaporean Spouse is my sponsor) and after calling them they said no min salary applies.

The purpose of the LTVP is to achieve LTVP+ which will be a stepping stone to PR. And also LTVP has some benefits to employers such as not counting to quota/ Foreign Workers Levy, and im allowed to stay in Singapore should I lose my job. LTVP+ has medical subsidies etc....

Since the case has been pending for some time I dont think so. The charges are being contested. I just started with a new company in Dec 2019, and the charges were laid earlier in June 2019. I had no issue getting my new EP in Dec 2019, even while under charge.

It must be something else?

I don't know where you got this from, but a "pre-marriage LTVP" does not exist.
The PMLA is an assessment whether you would be eligible for an LTVP after marriage. Having it done makes only one difference: You might get your LTVP faster after marriage. (But are you in a hurry?)
I see several reasons why an LTVP is not the right option for you:
1. You already have an EP (and can apply for PR in any case, after so many years here).
2. She earns too little for your upkeeping (there is no clear, published threshold, but this certainly plays a role).
3. It is not possible to continue working seamlessly throughout the process - you have to stop work when you get the LTVP and the EP is cancelled, then your employer can apply for the LOC (the issuance of which is not assured!).
4. Many employers treat and pay LOC holders worse (or don't want to hire them at all), because they are not meant to be the main breadwinners.
5. You are under criminal investigations.
(Remark: The LTVP+ has been abolished.)

I think, you understood it wrongly. MoM requirement is $6k and ICA doesn't need to highlight this. Most of the expenditures are same for foreigners and Singaporeans, so there is no way a person with $2.9k per month would be even considered at ICA to grant LTVP for his or her spouse.

Surya is right: For spouses of Singapore citizens, ICA is a bit more lenient and flexible with the income threshold (thus no published figure), but the local spouse's pay must still be enough for both's living expenses. S$2.9/month does not fulfill this.
Here is an old thread about the same topic:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=293253
I don't remember where I got the information at that time, but it seems the LTVP inofficial income threshold was S$2800/month then. The DP threshold was S$4000 then and is S$6000 now - I expect the LTVP threshold to have increased similarly.
However, ICA has been lenient with certain cases that deserve mercy (e.g. pregnant spouse, etc.), but I see no reason for that in your case.
(At that time, only LTVP+ allowed work on LOC, while LTVP did not.)

Hi all, I am Singapore Citizen Indian male, studied here since pri sch, completed NS, studied in established local UNI and working full time in MNC. Currently my basic is 3.6k and gross salary is ~4k. My parents are SC also & i'm staying with them & one of my parent is working here in stable job.

I would like to apply for Pre-Marriage Letter Approval and then LVTP for my indian gf currently in India (also well-educated). We plan 2 get married next year. What are my chances given my background? Thanks!

It is only up to ICA to decide which income is necessary to get a spouse LTVP. They don't publish their criteria, but it does no harm to ask them.
On the other hand, it is easy to apply for a PMLA (before marriage) and then you know whether she can get the LTVP after marriage or not. I guess that IS the official way to ask them!

Hi Ross, what's the outcome for the PM LTVP, did you appeal? Did you go on to apply LTVP?
I have similar situation as you, my PM LTVP got rejected, ICA says cannot appeal, the officer ask me to apply LTVP.

Ross has not visited this forumsince the last post above. Thus you are unlikely to get a reply from him.
But my statement abovestill applies: A pre-marriage LTVP does not exist (thus yours was rejected without possibility to appeal). The PMLA is just an assessment whether you can get LTVP after marriage - it does not help you to stay in Singapore before the wedding!