Moving with a newborn

My partner and I are considering moving to Magascar with our newborn. Do anyone of you have experience with living there with an infant? Recommendations about clinics, level of care available ? health risks to be mindful about? Vaccines etc?

Any information would be very helpful - thank you

Gigja

There are 27 million people in Madagascar and they were all infants at one time. The infant mortality rate in Madagascar is 38 in 1000 compared to France where it is 3 in 1000.  Medicine in Madagascar varies from Town to Town with some hospitals that are without doctors and doctors that do not work at night ( fear of insecurity) and that includes clinics.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give the medical knowledge and facilities a 3 and that would be a optimistic 3 out of ten.  Your biggest concern would be mosquitoes and the abundance of the bites that would cause fever.  There is also Malaria.  You are almost on your own here when it comes medical care so you will need to be self reliant. Pharmacies also run out of medicine and many medicines are close to or out of date as Africa is a dumping ground for illegal medicines.  Only you know best your health needs according to your history. If you have special health needs you will most likely not find that in Madagascar.