Medication in Bahrain

Good morning everyone,

Whether it's a simple cold or a chronic illness, medication and medicine use vary from country to country and culture to culture.

When you are used to certain brands or types of drugs, being in a country like Bahrain with different rules can affect your daily well-being.

Some drugs also differ in name, price, dosage, active molecule, so we would like to hear your opinion on these issues:

Have you ever had difficulties finding familiar or useful medicines for your health in your host country?

Have you ever been faced with a shortage of medicines in Bahrain?

Would you have said that in Bahrain drugs are more or less expensive than in your home country? Do you find them more or less effective or of similar quality?

What is the place of alternative medicines in your host country? Have you ever used them?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Loïc

* Not in my knowledge. Personally , I didn't purchased anything yet since the outbreak.  The shortage here since Dec2019 is cigarettes.  Nonetheless, the Ministry of Health is active updating the people.   The Business is slow, quite and down. Hotel occupancy is dropping to it's worst level. Some shops and stores are taking advantage of the situation like they will tell you I do not have changed for your bill  in order for you to buy more and other items then you will end up buying unnecessary.

I have never had a challenge accessing pharmaceuticals in Bahrain. Access has been good and the cost relatively low.

Have you ever had difficulties finding familiar or useful medicines for your health in your host country?

* Sort of Difficulties Base on Brands and Generic.

*None of it so far, Cause I dont purchased Medicines that much

Would you have said that in Bahrain drugs are more or less expensive than in your home country? Do you find them more or less effective or of similar quality?

*Its less expensive and less effective.. its different from my home country, i find it potent in my home country production of medicine rather than here. I dont want to name a country for a production.

What is the place of alternative medicines in your host country? Have you ever used them?

* Herbal medicines are commonly used their when Scientific Medicine wouldn't work.

As such Medication is good as compare to other countries but it still needs improvement.

In few complex cases, it is not possible to have medication in Bahrain. e.g. one of my friend has oral disease, he tried at many hospital but didn't got any positive response. Ultimately he sources medicines from India.

Medicine prices are also bit high as compare to Asian countries.

In general, it is manageable if you dont have any complex issues.