Obtain my citizenship by marriage

Hello CVAngelo

It's been a while I have been in Cape Verde and I finally found true love and we are planning of getting married this month at the Catholic Church or the registry , I will like to know which one is more preferable and if it's both we will decide to choose. More also I will like to optain my citizenship by marriage after our wedding ceremony because I'm a foreigner ... What are the requirements needed ,I mean what are the documents I will need to produce to get my citizenship by marriage, and how long is it going to take? . Please provide me with the up-to-date information as of today in Cape Verde Law.

Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : The title has been modified for more visibility, thanks

Whether you get married in a religious ceremony or a civil ceremony there is no difference under Cape Verde law. In either case, you will need a marriage certificate. This certificate cannot be issued in a month to a foreigner. It will take many months. So, you cannot get married "this month" in Cape Verde. It simply does not work this way! I cannot explain it to you in the forum. It would take many pages and too much time to write. If you need more information, you will need to send me a private message to request a marriage information kit. But even with this kit, you CANNOT be married in a month. It is not possible.

If you wish to get married in a month, I would suggest that you get married in Nigeria. Then come to Cape Verde.

Cheers,

Angelo

Sledgewrf wrote:

Hello CVAngelo

It's been a while I have been in Cape Verde and I finally found true love and we are planning of getting married this month at the Catholic Church or the registry , I will like to know which one is more preferable and if it's both we will decide to choose. More also I will like to optain my citizenship by marriage after our wedding ceremony because I'm a foreigner ... What are the requirements needed ,I mean what are the documents I will need to produce to get my citizenship by marriage, and how long is it going to take? . Please provide me with the up-to-date information as of today in Cape Verde Law.

Thank you

Hi Mr. Angelo!

Greetings! I've watched videos and everyone says it takes 4 to 5 months right after a person gets his marriage certificate, so what are the options for extending a month-long tourist visa till a person applies for citizenship? I'm thinking about visiting Praia next month, March 2024.

Please let me know, and how can I send you an email regarding my intentions and plans?

Thank you in advance!

-Ken