I have decided to climb the coconut trees to harvest the coconuts.

I will post back here to let you know how the process is going.

If I do not post anymore, then probably I have fallen and am no longer able to type.

I may reconsider this idea in the morning.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

If I do not post anymore, then probably I have fallen and am no longer able to type.

No, thank you but it sounds lovely! .."I'd just get one of the young local kuya's to climb up" & pluck them for me!
Always  "Err on the side of caution"!

Cheers & Have a good one

:D

No. I need to do this myself. It is not about harvesting coconuts. If it was I would just chop the tree down.

Well noted & Yes samples of coconut oil have reached our labs in Singapore for this joint philippines study/breakthrough!

*No confirmed results as yet!

Coconut oil eyed as possible treatment for coronavirus infection
By CNN Philippines Staff
Published Feb 25, 2020 12:19:16 PM

Presume this could be one of your reasons?

Just brainstorming!

Perhaps you could do as they do in Ko Samui, Thailand, and train monkeys to pick the coconuts.  Long term planning:  if you chop the trees down this year, probably have a smaller harvest next year.

manwonder wrote:

Well noted & Yes samples of coconut oil have reached our labs in Singapore for this joint philippines study/breakthrough!

*No confirmed results as yet!

Coconut oil eyed as possible treatment for coronavirus infection
By CNN Philippines Staff
Published Feb 25, 2020 12:19:16 PM

Presume this could be one of your reasons?

Just brainstorming!

My wife makes coconut oil. We used it for our daughter's eczema.Works wonders and is better than the store bought supposed virgin coconut oil.

But my reason is simply because the tree is there. I am going to be looking into foot strap material tomorrow. I would like to avoid notching the trees, but that method is what everyone does around here. You would have to be pretty darn stout to climb the tree without those and I am not sure I can develop that kind of toughness at my age.

mugtech wrote:

Perhaps you could do as they do in Ko Samui, Thailand, and train monkeys to pick the coconuts.  Long term planning:  if you chop the trees down this year, probably have a smaller harvest next year.

it's not about harvesting coconuts

No. I need to do this myself. It is not about harvesting coconuts. If it was I would just chop the tree down.

Your success will depend on how tall the tree is, your age and physical fitness and how determined you are. I hope there are good orthopedic surgeons in the place where you live. That is if you don´t break your neck! :D

robal wrote:

I hope there are good orthopedic surgeons in the place where you live. That is if you don´t break your neck! :D

I did a quick check... definitely not here...for may need to take a short 4hr flight to Singapore...prices for flights in this climate are cheap though.

I had the pleasure of climbing a coconut tree and getting several coconuts! it was along the shores of Lake Taal and i topped a small banana tree also! Great time and lots of Filipino's to yell instructions as i worked my way up the tree! I had no trouble but did scare out a bunch of spiders! be sure to wear good boots! or you will probably have problems! my buddy used my drone to film me so we have laughs watching it from time to time!

lasvegan wrote:

I had the pleasure of climbing a coconut tree and getting several coconuts! it was along the shores of Lake Taal and i topped a small banana tree also! Great time and lots of Filipino's to yell instructions as i worked my way up the tree! I had no trouble but did scare out a bunch of spiders! be sure to wear good boots! or you will probably have problems! my buddy used my drone to film me so we have laughs watching it from time to time!

I have been thinking about buying a drone. Can you tell me where you got yours? type? price? I have been looking on Lazada, but too many choices.

lasvegan wrote:

Buddy you do amaze me at times!

:D:thanks:

I have been doing drone work for last 5 years! Commercial and private! There are many good drones to start with but the main use will determine your best buy! The camera should be your main concern as drones are basically flying cameras! Yes many drones do work that the camera isn't biggest factor! most cheaper but good quality and feature packed start with a 12 mega pixal camera which is adequate for video taping and basic photo's! DJI is the world's largest supplier of drones! excellent quality and reasonable pricing! If you can afford $1400 then the DJI Phantom 4 pro v.2 with a 20 mp camera is the best value and absolutely feature packed! Especially with avoidance senors! But to just get started and have fun and learn good flying and video skills. DJI Mavic mini is a nice drone for $400! small enough to fold and put in your pocket but fly's great and is fun drone! DJI Spark is good starter! Parrot has some nice drones! but start here at this link! $75 and you're good to go! DJI has stores in the Philippines! https://www.qualitygrabber.com/products … VEQAvD_BwE

PD...how did it go?
I'm getting a little worried!