Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Hello Everyone,

I see the discussion is  a a bit off topic here.

If you suspect someone of doing something suspicious, please use the report button and we will analyze the reported profile.

Also @Ron Pinto, we strongly advise you to not answer this person.

Wishing you a great day.

Regards.

Loïc

Well, too late.  I already answered but was going to proceed very carefully.  I hope there is nothing this person can do with my answer.

Ron I hope so too. There are too many parties hacking and getting information.
Hope all are well

Texanbrazil wrote:

Ron I hope so too. There are too many parties hacking and getting information.
Hope all are well

Hi there Tex,
In spite of all the stuff going on, we are OK and not overly stressed.
I hope all is well with you and all my friends here.

Going back to the topic of COVID-19, today is the 4th consecutive day where more than 1,000 Brazilians per day perished with SARS-CoV-2. Today´s Friday deaths  to 1,124 in 24hrs. Brazil is now the 5th country with more COVID-19 deaths.

1. Total of 27,878 dead.
2. 465,166 confirmed cases by the Ministry of Health.

robal

Doc, I guess it may be awhile to stock up on US stuff. I am going to try AM Prime tomorrow.

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (May 29, 2020)

Event:  U.S. Bound Commercial Flight Availability

As of this time, U.S. bound commercial flights from Brazil continue, but flight schedules are subject to change.  Please contact airlines directly for the most current schedule information.   

We continue to encourage U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States to make commercial flight arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  The COVID-19 pandemic remains an evolving situation and flight schedules may change with little to no notice.  The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights from Brazil. 

Actions to Take:

Contact your airline with flight questions: United Airlines, LATAM, and Azul.

Get more information on the May 24 Presidential Proclamation and information about COVID-19 in Brazil.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy.

I question the accuracy of 19 and underlying illness, age  and pnuemonia,natural causes,  people who were going to die anyway...

Every Death it seems is related to#10 &#20....
I guess this is Hell Months.....

If a typical and confirmed COVID-19 patient is admitted with difficulty breathing due to pneumonia and also exhibiting fever and later died of stroke or infarction due to blood clots, the primary diagnosis would be infection to SARS-CoV-2 and the secondary would be CVA or myocardial infarction due to  arterial thromboembolism for example. In other words a pre-existing cardiovascular condition could be exacerbated by COVID-19 and contributes faster to the demise of the host. So, it automatically qualifies as COVID-19 death as it was the dominant symptom during admission instead of the secondary diagnosis that manifested later of CVA (cerebrovascular accident) or infarction as a result of pulmonary arterial thromboembolism. That is the reason why the numbers always gravitate to COVID-19.

Update on COVID-19: Counting Saturday, 28,834 deaths in Brazil so far. Now Brazil is considered 4th ranking in mortality rate...

"Doc, I guess it may be awhile to stock up on US stuff. I am going to try AM Prime tomorrow."

Tex, are you now a member? How did you rate the music and films?

robal

Doc not a member yet. I will rely on option 2 of having friend use card and then see if they accept my US card.

Ok. Update us on the US card use!

Texanbrazil wrote:

Doc not a member yet. I will rely on option 2 of having friends use the card and then see if they accept my US card.

Hello Tex,
I enrolled in AM Prime from Mexico using a US card.  No issue, however, for easier and cheaper delivery's sake, I stated my address as that of my family and after delivery there they would bring it to me across the border.
I do understand that my solution wouldn`t be practical from Brazil.
The problem is that regardless of the address given, the site checks your location and then limits the movies available to watch, or at least it did, and international deliveries were not free.
All that could have changed, of course.

robal wrote:

"Doc, I guess it may be awhile to stock up on US stuff. I am going to try AM Prime tomorrow."

Tex, are you now a member? How did you rate the music and films?

robal

Hi Robal,
AM Prime is pretty good, however, the movies available to be watched outside of the US are quite limited and the free delivery doesn`t really work for international deliveries, I don`t think.

Ron Pinto wrote:

The problem is that regardless of the address given, the site checks your location and then limits the movies available to watch, or at least it did, and international deliveries were not free.

That's true, Ron.  And what's especially annoying is that their technology "sees" if you're using a VPN and denies access, even if you're showing a US IP address.

abthree wrote:
Ron Pinto wrote:

That's true, Ron.  And what's especially annoying is that their technology "sees" if you're using a VPN and denies access, even if you're showing a US IP address.

Netflix does the same thing...

robal wrote:

Netflix, fortunately, is weirdly inconsistent.  When I set the VPN up on our smart TV, it detects it and cuts off.  On our computers, however, no problem.  So, a long enough HDMI cable to run from my laptop to the TV = unlimited viewing enjoyment.  :D

abthree wrote:
robal wrote:

Netflix, fortunately, is weirdly inconsistent.  When I set the VPN up on our smart TV, it detects it and cuts off.  On our computers, however, no problem.  So, a long enough HDMI cable to run from my laptop to the TV = unlimited viewing enjoyment.  :D

They´ve been consistent on cutting me off with my VPN. Sooner or later I´ll also find a way around that..

No Problem "YouTube"... Lmao....
Amazing what #19 does..

H8 Doom and Gloom, bring #2 sucks...yet the Projection shows 125 Deceased by August , which rivals the USA, I don't like math or dates, yet calculation on 60 days that = about 1,500/daily average... Most could have been avoided...if not for" Its Just a Little Flu".....

Yup...Cabin Fever..

ab,

I went back to Netflix, used my VPN as usual and I was able to get back in with the USA content. That´s really inconsistent like you stated!

robal wrote:

ab,

I went back to Netflix, used my VPN as usual and I was able to get back in with the USA content. That´s really inconsistent like you stated!

I just hope they never change!

COVID-19 deaths in the last 24hrs now up to 1,262 and a total of 31,000 overall. Rate is increasing everyday.

robal

robal wrote:

COVID-19 deaths in the last 24hrs now up to 1,262 and a total of 31,000 overall. Rate is increasing everyday.

robal

A friend in the US asked me yesterday when we expect it to peak.  I  told her that some people are predicting July, but nobody really has any idea.

The way it´s escalating right now, it could be the end of June or early July with more than 1500 deaths everyday...

robal

We had 6 new cases reported yesterday. 4 from other states, 2 local to local. 1 in ICU others at home under surveillance. 138 confirmed.
Total of 5 in hospital
102 recovered
3 deaths.
Odd they report SUS and Itaipu hospitals, but nothing ever from Unimed hospital.
Troubling is the number of "hangings" and drownings trying to cross into or from PY.
Smuggling is up 800% with majority in MG de Sul and PY borders. We have had our share here. 600 tons of MJ was seized Monday coming from PY.

Hi guys,
Been wondering what is going to happen in the US after all these demonstrations.  If new cases don`t spike it will be a strong case against social isolation.

I've had the same thought, Ron.  It's an enormous natural experiment.

Same in SP. Hard to gage since already increasing.

We should have the results in a week or two.

Ron Pinto wrote:

Hi guys,
Been wondering what is going to happen in the US after all these demonstrations.  If new cases don`t spike it will be a strong case against social isolation.

At least many were wearing masks, especially the looters.

mugtech wrote:
Ron Pinto wrote:

Hi guys,

At least many were wearing masks, especially the looters.

You mean. very particularly the looters.  I wonder why.  Likely because they are such socially responsible individuals.

Wednesday is a record of 1,349 deaths in 24 hours and new additional confirmed cases of 28,633. The peak of at least 1,526 dead within 24 hours is fast approaching! We might exceed that within 3 days - the 1st week of June if it goes on with that rate! The death to 125,000 could be coming earlier at the end of July instead of August! Present COVID-19 statistics in Brazil:

1. Total deaths: 32,548
2. Total cases: 584,016

Stay safe... Stay home!

robal

Here in Amazonas, excess deaths in the state have dropped from over 140 per day to about 70.  ICU occupancy is down to about 60%.  The hospital network never collapsed.   All things to be grateful for.
Commerce in Manaus started reopening on the 1st; restaurants are scheduled to reopen the week after next. 
People are saying that we've passed the peak.  The numbers are looking like maybe,  but I think it's early to declare victory.   We're going to keep sheltering in place for a week or two, to be sure that this isn't just a blip.

"Cases of covid-19 grow 162% in one week in the Western Macroregion". Cascavel has the most cases.
Eastern Macro region is Curitiba and surrounding cities with a 48% rise.
Wextern Macroregion Paraná is comprised of cities such as Cascavel, Francisco Beltrão, Foz do Iguaçu, Pato Branco, Toledo, Assis Chateaubriand.
Foz has"143 confirmed cases, 110 are already recovered, 24 are in home isolation, 6 people are hospitalized in the municipality with 3 deaths.
Foz turn 106 years old on the 10th and plan to partially open the falls with restriction.

Lord help us all.

here in recife, the sirens have stopped for a few weeks now. we are looking to reopen shop slowly. if we get a nasty spike back to lockdown

1,005 dead of COVID-19 today with 30,830 new cases. Total of 35,026 dead; 646,006 confirmed cases.  President Bolsonaro has asked the Ministério de Saúde to omit in their daily reports the total deaths and cases in Brazil - only the daily mortality rates and new
cases. I´ll try to keep a running count however, and mention them every now and then.

robal

Not mentioning the total cases and deaths will not end the viral crisis.

Ron Pinto wrote:

Not mentioning the total cases and deaths will not end the viral crisis.

A measure to not alarm the public and hide the ongoing failure...

Yesterday's guidance from the US Embassy to continue sheltering in place makes it clear where they stand.

Well ,shelter in place is good...lol...
I was pricing airfare to the USA,  and this is hilarious,  for $7500.00 usd.....Petrolina to Sao Paulo. ...lol....layover SP.....then on to Panama City ........then New York....this seems like the "Viral Route "

Now for $660.00 usd the same route only a lovely 12 hour layover in SP, then on to Panama City ....10 hour layover....on to a New York......... lovely routes through all the Hot Spots.....I think I wI'll take option 1 Shelter in Place....Riot...'Civil Unrest " Shelter in Place ....

Word came today no "Mall Shopping" I feel the discrimination no one over 60 in the Malls...to bad the folks over 60 have the money....lol....I miss McDonald's and Burger King....

The USA is a Hot Mess......Social Distancing is a Myth....you can burn down a store and loot it and no jail time, open your business str8 to jail.........

Shelter in Place....yup