Banh mi.

Anyone who pays 100 bucks for a banh mi needs to have a mental health check.

Banh mi

colinoscapee wrote:

Banh mi

I am too old anyways, struggle to get my nashers through the bread crust & absolutely no chance with the meat!, my jaw joints just cant take the strain :sosad:

goodolboy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Banh mi

I am too old anyways, struggle to get my nashers through the bread crust & absolutely no chance with the meat!, my jaw joints just cant take the strain :sosad:

Yes, the bread is usually too hard and damages my lips and inner mouth. I thought it was stale but then I was told that this dry crunchy texture is preferred by the locals (?). That plus the suspect ingredients and preparation near the road (dust) means that it is something that I almost never eat.

I might do so if someone was prepared to pay me the $100, maybe even $50.

colinoscapee wrote:

Banh mi

I guess in the Chefs defence if there are people who for whatever reason choose to buy it then why not sell them ?
The morality of such a person may well be questionable but no worse than many other extravagant purchases made every day by those that can.

johnross23 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Banh mi

Yes, the bread is usually too hard and damages my lips and inner mouth. I thought it was stale but then I was told that this dry crunchy texture is preferred by the locals (?). That plus the suspect ingredients and preparation near the road (dust) means that it is something that I almost never eat.

:lol::lol::top:

Dunking it in soup Lagu I am OK & really like it, but dry forget it, even as a jam sani its too much pain for too little gain.

I might do so if someone was prepared to pay me the $100, maybe even $50.

I buy a banh mi with opla and cha ca in Dat Do( birthplace of Vo Thi Sau) for 15k vnd, it's fantastic.

Really ?
I begrudge paying a couple of dollars

Ha, ha 😊 I can't get my old choppers through the bread eather. I have to cut it into bit size pieces... my wife teases me and says I'm like a baby. I tell her to come back in 10 years and tell me that.

colinoscapee wrote:

I buy a banh mi with opla and cha ca in Dat Do( birthplace of Vo Thi Sau) for 15k vnd, it's fantastic.

I miss the ladies across the street from the Quy Nhơn Sports Bar: ₫10,000 VNĐ (and right next to them, fresh pineapple juice also ₫10,000 VNĐ).

Less than $1.00 USD for a nice meal.

Down the street from there, ₫5,000 VNĐ for Bahn Flan.

I've seen the videos with the $100 banh mi and pho but would never try it for myself. There are way better things to do and eat with $100 than a banh mi or pho.

Cheese and fish sauce together... double ugh. I have long considered chefs to be the ultimate purveyors of evil in this world.

"Garbage! At outrageous prices!"
   - From "The Chef's Credo"

The best Bah Mi is eaten with a Bo Bit Tet and costs 3000 vnd for an extra one.

I'm quite liking the aeon mall jumbo baguettes. Had a craving for a ham, cucumber and butter Banh mi the other day and made the biggest sandwich ever. Not that impressed with the choices for ham or bacon here though.

$100 would get you a Hotel Nikko Seafood Buffet for two with all the wine and alcohol you can drink.