Ostuni area location question

Ciao All!
We are looking for a small property in the Ostuni, Ceglie, Cisternino, Martina area and sometimes see nice looking places in San Vito dei Normanni, or Francavilla Fontana or Carovigno.  I'd love hearing any thoughts on those areas since I haven't explored them and am not there yet. Interested to know about local happenings, proximity to grocery shopping, community, english speakers, real estate value etc. Any thoughts you have time for are appreciated. Grazie mille!

Hi Sparepony,

I will caveat my response with the opinions below are entirely personal and others may well disagree but here goes. It really depends if you are looking for a place in town or out of town. We are in the Valle d'Itria 10 mins equidistant from Martina France and Cisternino. Everywhere closes down roughly between the hours of 1/1.30 and 4/4.30 which can initially be frustrating when you are doing work on your house or you simply run out of milk lol. There are hardware stores and supermarkets which have a continuous opening in both towns.
If you are looking for a town where there is a reasonable amount happening day and night then Ostuni (mobbed during Summer) and Martina Franca. I find Ceglie lovely but again quiet and small and San Vito not as much to see or do if you have friends and family visiting.
There are expats everywhere in every town so not hard to find.
You can get bargains in terms of property throughout Puglia and beware when you need professionals to do the work it can be a minefield and fraught.
We bought our property using Gruppo d'Amico and found them so helpful from start to finish.
Hope this helps
Catherine

Catherine, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll send you a message.

Cairo