How do you navigate your expat identity in Cyprus?

Hey guys in Cyprus or wanting to move there,

Fellow expat Stephanie has sent us a piece about how she navigates between her British-ish and her French-ish identity and we thought we would share it with you.

Her opinion piece is featured on our magazine:
Opinion: Does being an expat mean I'll always be the outsider?

We would love to know what you think!

Happy Thursday,
AL

Having read the piece I agree with lots of it but in some respects I prefer being here and will never return to the country of my birth I think i have outgrown the britishness... especially and probably more so since the B word....

My friends now are mainly other nationalities not just British......Cypriot, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, German, American, Canadian, Ozzy, Kiwi, Bangladeshi, and its fab,, so much more interesting and diverse allowing me to understand and think outside of the normal british box bubble.... Ok there are language barriers but none are insurmountable we all learn a little more every day and have fun with it...    we have some fab cypriot friends and neighbours  who are ever so helpful...

so pleased we made the move... no regrets   

as I no longer intend to return to my country of birth I guess that excludes me from being an expat ( I hate that term)  and love the fact that I am in fact a legitimate immigrant whio actively chose to live here and more than willingly want to stay.