Salary scale for 20 years Post Qualification Experienced Personnel

Hi all,

Any idea of salary range for 20 years' experience, middle management post in Doha?

Hello Dinda22,

Have you found a job in Doha yet ? In what kind of field would you like to work ?

Enlightening our members with these details could help them to provide a more accurate estimation ;)

Wishing you a good day.

Loïc

Wishing you a lovely day.

Hi Loic,

Am in the oil and gas industry and within the legal sector. Any tips? :)

Hi Dinda,

I would expect those to mirror the salaries for other senior level professionals in other work streams.

The one thing I do get regularly told is that folks from Europe and North America tend to get the better expat packages as opposed to those from the rest of the world. However, as I am not based in Qatar yet so I am just going by hearsay.

Also, have you checked job boards?

Pretty sure jobs come up on the legal teams but the number would be limited due to the following reasons:

1- In most companies, legal is a considered a support function and therefore located in the corporate HQ, especially at the middle management/CXO level, which is the level I am am assuming you are targeting.

2- At that level, there isn't a massive turnover of staff.

I suggest you start looking at the Gulf focused job boards as well as LinkedIn. You can also look at industry (O&G) and profession-specific (legal) job boards.

Lastly, I suggest making an account on these sites and setting up job alerts (ideally weekly) that would deliver a list of the relevant job  postings to your email and you can then look at them on the weekend in one go and research/apply as needed.

Best of luck with the hunt.

Regards,
M.

Hi M,

Thanks loads! That's very helpful. I have been approached by a headhunter recently, hence my interest spike for an expat package in Qatar 😊. Went for some meetings in Kuwait before, and can't say I have any complaints about the middle east working lifestyle I saw 😊

Will check out your suggestions pronto

Hi Dinda,

You might also get some salary numbers for bench-marking by going to the websites of the more well established recruitment/headhunter  firms. Some of them publish salary survey reports for different professions.

Set up a spreadsheet and work your way through the google results on the websites. All the best.

Regards,
M.

Thanks M, you're the best!