The importance of diplomatic representation when living in the British Virgin Islands

Is your home country represented in the British Virgin Islands? And if it is not, do you find this is a problem?

We have just posted online a piece about the importance of diplomatic representation in your host country while living abroad. Do let us know whether you think it is absolutely essential and share your experience about diplomacy in the British Virgin Islands.

Have a great week,
AL

Hi, I think it is imperative that there is a diplomatic mission representing South Africans. I am truly struggling to get my niece and her fiancé to the UK from Tortola in the VI.
The feedback from SA does not make sense and there appears to be no help at all from the Embassy here at the moment. They are completely losing their minds as they have been stuck on a small boat with 5 others in the Marina and cannot go to land at all at the moment. If anyone can help me with contacts to get them to Birmingham, I shall be eternally grateful. Thanks so much Elaine