Accommodation advice

I've been looking at moving to london for a while too and wondered if anyone has any experience of what it's like living in the clapham area? I've found a few really nice lettings for about 200 a week which seems really good for central london and it's close to where I would be working.

however, i saw on the lambeth county website that prices in clapham are likely to rise in 2011/2012 (http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/HousingPlanning/) and just wondered if anyone had any idea why this might be or by how much? I don't really want to move and then find out my rent is doubling or anything like that!

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi and welcome on board johnmackey!

Your message has been moved to a new thread on the London forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand

(moderated: please do not copy paste message in all the forums. Thank you)

Hi John,
My daughter lives in Clapham South, she rents a room in a lovely big Victorian house with 4 other people and she loves it - she pays £620.00 per month plus £135.00 per month which covers all the bills.

She went for a house share originally as she did not really know anyone in London and this enabled her to build up a social life - (she is never in!)

She always used gumtree to find properties even when living in Newcastle whilst at Uni.

She loves living within walking distance of Clapham Common as its buzzing with people over the weekend.

I would not worry too much about hearing about rent rises - you usually sign your contract for a year anyway.
Good luck

hello im ANA 40 years ego, im  professional in therapies spa massagaes international i need practice my english i living in swizerland, i chamge my room in swiss free of  rent for room in england , ,i will like stagiarie in hotels. please thenks.