11kg "Solane" Gas Cylinder" Pricing

Gd evening guys;

Just wanted feedback on the price of a typical Refill for a : 11kg "Solane LPG" Cylinder.
Latest price in Surigao City : 970pesos
*prices have increased >100p
fm last purchase last month.

Any input/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks & Have a good one

We use Gasul here in Cebu, and it is also up about 100p since the first of the year to 900p for 11kg. Up 150p from a year ago.

I have paid between 720PHP early last year and I just paid 900PHP.

double post sorry

Thanks guys!...Also how do you ascertain if the cylinders you purchase are full?...Reason I'm asking is my so called new/full cylinders used to last *min 2mths before but now last just over 1mth.
So I think i'm getting screwed!

:dumbom:

Thanks

manwonder wrote:

Thanks guys!...Also how do you ascertain if the cylinders you purchase are full?...Reason I'm asking is my so called new/full cylinders used to last *min 2mths before but now last just over 1mth.

Thanks

How to check how much you've got left in your gas bottle:

Fill up a jug or bottle with warm tap water.
Pour it down the side of the gas bottle.
Wait 5 seconds.
Using your hands, feel for a temperature change on the bottle.
The part that's cold to touch will indicate how much gas is left. If it's cold near the top – you're ok. If it's warm the whole way down.

The other way is to weigh it.  With a set of scales.

Disconnect the bottle and place it on a scale, making sure the valve is firmly closed. The tare (empty) weight of the bottle is stamped on the neck ring. The difference between the scale reading and the tare weight should tell how much gas in gas bottle.

pej1111 wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Thanks

How to check how much you've got left in your gas bottle:

Fill up a jug or bottle with warm tap water.
Pour it down the side of the gas bottle.
Wait 5 seconds.
Using your hands, feel for a temperature change on the bottle.
The part that's cold to touch will indicate how much gas is left. If it's cold near the top – you're ok. If it's warm the whole way down.

The other way is to weigh it.  With a set of scales.

Disconnect the bottle and place it on a scale, making sure the valve is firmly closed. The tare (empty) weight of the bottle is stamped on the neck ring. The difference between the scale reading and the tare weight should tell how much gas in gas bottle.

Thanks pej1111;

I'll check the current cylinder using the warm water dribble method as you suggested!

I just purchased a weighing scale & am going to make it a point to bring it along wif me when purchasing my next cylinder.

:D

Thanks again!

You are welcome, just an after thought, if you use the warm water method, the gas bottle should only ever be filled to 80% of the volume of the cylinder, it is a safety measure not to fill the cylinder to 100% of capacity.

Thanks pej1111;

Here in 'Surigao' they are extra carefull...looks like they fill cylinders to max 50%vol.

:sick