Health Insurance

I have a pre existing condition, will I be Abel to get health insurance so I can get registration ?.
Thank You.

You will need to check with some insurance companies, or brokers.  I guess you know the cover must be 100%, with no exceptions nor co-payments.

Thank You

dp600 wrote:

I have a pre existing condition, will I be Abel to get health insurance so I can get registration ?.
Thank You.

I also had a pre-existing medical condition and had no problems. I currently use Sanitas as there prices are reasonable and they offer some nice extras on their full cover, no excess (which is required for residency) policy such as free dental checkups and cleaning as well as the ability to claim 50% off prescription costs.

When I took out the policy I had to have an over the phone screening with a doctor (this could be done in English or Spanish) who confirmed if there would be any change to the premium. For me they were happy to cover me at no extra cost.

If your Spanish is OK then you can contract it directly with Sanitas. If not you can use healthplanspain.com to help you set it up. They have native English speakers and the process was pretty painless. I found that the price was no different to what Sanitas offered directly.

Probably not as the cover must be 100% with no excess, restrictions, nor co-payments

Maybe you could keep quiet / lie about the existing conditions and never claim in respect of them.  After a year you should be able to pay into the state system and that would  not be affected by existing conditions

Thank You

Just in passing.  I have sanitas cover for my wife.   She had the free dental checks ups.  She had one and the dentist gave us a quote for quite a lot of expensive work which she said was required. 

We then went to a Spanish dentist I have known for a long time.  He looked at the quote, did a check up.  Result no work required. Ten years later still not nothing required !

Free dental check up hahaha