Globe System Migration

Just in case anyone experiences a service outage that is linked to the same cause as I experienced today:

https://www.philippinedestiny.com/2020/ … ation.html

if you have a question let me know. I proof read it, but often I do not see all of my mistakes at first.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rapple … d-ph-telco

They had better 'buck up' soon, or be ready to 'ship out'...looks like they are 'scrambling' only now to get things fixed due to the above!

...applies to many other problems we are having : a decent volume of water supply/uninterrupted power supply to name a few...all of them have had it TOO EASY for far far too long!

Consumers will benefit in time!

WIFI in the Philippines: 

the worst in South East Asia and
the most expensive in South east Asia

How the people of the Philippines put up with it is beyond me.   OK yes i do know, I have been here long enough to understand the subservient culture and that they scared to say anything for fear of been isolated or intimidated or harassed by individual or companies.

Sadly so many Filipino's don't even know about google or the internet.  They think that FB is the whole internet.  Sad but true.

Yes i do appreciate that the whole world is been monitored by FB and Google and all the other search engine's and email services.

pej1111 wrote:

WIFI in the Philippines: 

the worst in South East Asia and
the most expensive in South east Asia

Agreed : "Worst" is an understatement.

:D

When we first arrived and were using Globes portable wifi, the connection in the house was understandably slow given the fact that we were in a congested residential area and had no external antenna.  It barely got the job done.

We have since built a home in a different area  (yes, for my wife), and we have had Globe wifi / LTE with an external pole mounted antenna wired into our home. 

Our service is consistent and with the exception of the conversion to LTE we have had little trouble. We are in a somewhat rural setting with two cell towers nearby. 
We run an occasional speed test and we always get what we are paying for. We pay for 10 meg and it suits our needs. 

Proximity to the tower matters,  you can be to close to the tower and be overshot depending on the antenna configuration and downtilt.  The capacity of the system and the cell site equipment also make a difference.  In our case, being in a less than heavily populated area probably helps.

TeeJay4103 wrote:

When we first arrived and were using Globes portable wifi, the connection in the house was understandably slow given the fact that we were in a congested residential area and had no external antenna.  It barely got the job done.

We have since built a home in a different area  (yes, for my wife), and we have had Globe wifi / LTE with an external pole mounted antenna wired into our home. 

Our service is consistent and with the exception of the conversion to LTE we have had little trouble. We are in a somewhat rural setting with two cell towers nearby. 
We run an occasional speed test and we always get what we are paying for. We pay for 10 meg and it suits our needs. 

Proximity to the tower matters,  you can be to close to the tower and be overshot depending on the antenna configuration and downtilt.  The capacity of the system and the cell site equipment also make a difference.  In our case, being in a less than heavily populated area probably helps.

what is a typical result for your up/down speed test?

Typically 10 plus download and 5 up.  19 to 21 ms ping.

What I pay for.

Things may be set to improve. https://www.rappler.com/business/215642 … ative-list

FindlayMacD wrote:

Things may be set to improve. https://www.rappler.com/business/215642 … ative-list

Good to know...thanks!

We in Surigao city shud be able to benefit in about 15 years time,...well at least its a start!

;)
Cheers

A surprise that most don't have PLDT fiber I live in the Province and have had fiber almost 2 years they even ran it thru the trees 300 meters to my house

Okieboy wrote:

A surprise that most don't have PLDT fiber I live in the Province and have had fiber almost 2 years they even ran it thru the trees 300 meters to my house

we do not even have land line phones here

Well the fiber here isn't good by western standards but better then the rest here! Lol

Philippine Destiny wrote:
Okieboy wrote:

we do not even have land line phones here

We'll be getting land lines in 10yrs time & Fibre maybe in 15yrs time...well at least its a start!

:D