Moving to brazil on VITEM XI from Pakistan

Hello abthree.

I got my VITEM XI in just 3 working days. And thank you so much for guiding me to right track. I would like to know that now what docoments i should bring with me in brazil for my permanent residence process. And how much time federal police will take to convert my visa from VITEM to VIPER. And would i be able to work in brazil on VITEM XI. They grant my visa for 365 days. And once again thank you so much in advance

VITEM XI is a temporary visa and you cannot work until you receive a CRNM permanent residency and then apply for a labor card.
Not sure as to your country as to documents. Have the family member go to the PF and get a check list from them. Many will need legalized and translated. You will need a police background check, but can not be over 60 days old.
Get the check list and begin the process. DPF/MJ controls entry and issuing other types of visas. You will only have 90 days to get the CRNM so be sure you have all on the check list and with proper governmental stamps.
There is no way to have duplicate visas. Either apply for retirement visa  , but now you have a XI  may not be possible, but it can be simular to getting a CRNM while in BR.
See newer post on the retirement visas which abthree started.
Remember XI is temporary and do not overstay. It will hurt you as to any pending application and returning to BR. (FP can allow 1 extension of 90 days, but again you need to be in the process)
Do you have a CPF? Can be done at consulate/embassy. It is a tax payer ID card.
As to timing, all depends on the system and location where you apply. Took me 6 months due to me not have all the correct docs.
Have documents when entering. Just because you have a visa, PF controls entry and you do not want to be sent back.

Congratulations!

Here are the requirements for requesting Residence Authorization (there is no more VIPER; Residence Authorization from the Federal Police has replaced it):

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigra … o-familiar

You and your spouse should review them together, and go together to the Federal Police.   Here's a summary in English of the document list for reference only -- you should check it against the Portuguese list, and follow that one if it asks for anything different:

1.     Completed application form, signed by the applicant.  This is completed online at the Federal Police site, and printed out to be presented to them.

2.     Clear and legible Certified copy of applicant's passport (ALL PAGES - even if blank) or equivalent travel document.

3.     Clear and legible Certified copy of applicant's Entry Card, if you receive one.  Most people no longer receive Entry Cards at Immigration, so if you don't receive one, don't worry about it.

4.     Certified Criminal Record Check / Police Conduct Certificate issued in country where you reside, may not be more than 90 days before submission or not considered valid. This document must also be "legalized" by the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in the country of issue.

5.     2  3 cm X 4 cm color photographs of applicant (on white background) Note: sunglasses or eyeglasses which might reflect light/flash must not be worn in these photos

6.     International certificate of vaccination (if requested)

7.     Clear and legible Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (if requested) or Marriage Certificate, or Certidão de Casamento from the Brazilian Consulate, so that the names of your parents can be entered in the Federal Police records.

8.     Proof of address (in Brazil) - phone/electric/water bill.  This can be in your spouse's name.

9. Your spouse's ID Card

10.     Bank receipt for payment of visa fee (GRU - Guia de Recolhimento da União)

11.    Any other documents that may be requested by the Federal Police.

All official Pakistani documents except for your passport will need to be legalized at the Brazilian Consulate in Pakistan.  All documents in a language other than Portuguese will need to be translated by a Sworn Translator in Brazil, and the translations be provided to the Federal Police.

Once your application is accepted, you will receive a Protocolo that you can use as evidence to apply for a Labor Card at the State Department of Labor.  Your ID Card, your CRNM, will be delivered to the Federal Police office where you applied in several months.  You should receive an email to go pick it up, but if you haven't heard from the Federal Police in about five months (your Protocolo has a six month validity), be sure to go back and ask about it, and to renew your Protocolo.

And that's why abthree is an expert!!!!!!! :one
Over and beyond and great advice.

Thank you so much abthree and texan. I will do everything perfect. I have already legalized all my docoments. You are superb guys. I will update my situation with you. I am traveling to brazil 3 march 2020.

Noman mughal wrote:

Thank you so much abthree and texan. I will do everything perfect. I have already legalized all my docoments. You are superb guys. I will update my situation with you. I am traveling to brazil 3 march 2020.

Happy trip and good luck!