Voluntary work in São Paulo

Hello,

Next March I will be going to live in São Paulo for about 10 months. I will do my graduation internship there from the end of August until the end of January.  From March until August I will have a lot of free time. In the first 2 months I will take an intensive Portuguese course to try to learn at least the basics of the language(I did mostly self study so far). After the portuguese courses I'm not sure yet what to do with all my time. I was thinking of maybe doing some voluntary work but I've been having trouble finding some without accomodation included. I will be living with my girlfriend so I already have an apartment. Is it doable finding voluntary work in São Paulo for foreigners?

Also if anyone has other good suggestions on how to spend so much time, I'll be glad to hear!

Sounds like you did find a way to get to Brazil for your internship -- congratulations!

Volunteering is a great idea, the need is great, and there are plenty of opportunities in São Paulo, once you complete your Portuguese course -- speaking and understanding Portuguese will be a must.

Start by Googling "Voluntarismo em SP", and you'll find many organizations that might interest you, and may not even be too far from where you'll be living.