New guy on expat blog

Hi everyone!

Well, first of all : I'm French.
I'm basically pretty new to that website and I'm still learning how to handle it.

Anyway, I'm writing to propose my services : if you want to have good recommendations of places to go out at night or restaurants or even if you want someone to guide you through the nightlife of Paris, I am your guy! Hahaha

I know how it is to arrive in a big city and having to create yourself a new network of friends so... I'll try to help people while I'm still living in France. And I'll hope they'll be people doing the same when I'll be living abroad.

Anyway, if you want me to meet up some French folks, hit me up! ;)

Cheers,
David.

Hi David,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

ps: please note that free advertisement is not allowed on the site.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Best regards,
Christine

Thanks!

PS : Free advertisement? I don't get it. :|

DSonla wrote:

I'm writing to propose my services

;)

I hope you get lot of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Oh good! Haha
I thought I've violated some guidelines I didn't see! Hehehe

Anyway, I do hope that a lot of people will have a good memory of Paris thanks to me too! :)

Hi David, Thanks for your help! I just moved to Paris from the US and start french lessens next week. I don't know french and have been here 3 days and having a hard time. I need to furnish my "furnished apt: and meet people. Where is a good place to go to meet other ex-pats> I am in 7th arr. Thank you!!

I'd say that expats are everywhere!
Everytime I go out, I meet foreigners :)

So not really hard actually. I won't say there are places where there's more of them but if you hang out in some happening places, you'll def meet some.
Most of the time, I run into exhange students from all around the world.
That's what I like about Paris, it's very cosmopolite.

So if you're asking me for a good place to meet expat people, I'd say : "anywhere"! Haha

But if I have to be more precise, most of the time when I've met expats was on rue Mouffetard in the 5th district.
Don't know if you've heard about it but that's one of my fav spot in Paris to hang out. Tons of bars there! :)

Well, I hope you'll get to meet a lot of expats!
But one obvious answer would be : on this website of course! ;)

Cheers,
David.

Hi guys (and gals)! Thanks for the welcome.  Have you joined 'meetups' in Paris?
You have probably done this already, but I would like to go to the museums.. Free sundays first of each month- are they any good or way too crowded?

Hi Gwen!

So as you've guessed, it's kinda crowded and there's a lot of line. But having access to culture for free, isn't it worth it? :)

I just got back from Amsterdam and I must have spent tons of money in museums entrance fee so my opinion is that you should attend it no matter what.

Cheers,
David.