Moving to Turkey

I am new to this forum and I recently joined the expat website.

I live in India. I would like to move to Turkey (Istanbul) hence I would like to know the nitty gritty's of all the procedures, paper work, visa and permanent residence related, etc, involved while moving to Turkey. I have lived in the USA and have knowledge of the paperwork involved but Turkey is new to me, hence I request help in this forum. Thanking all those who help out in advance.

I have many questions and I will probably have many follow up questions too :
Is there a link on this forum where all procedures have already been jotted down for someone trying to move from India for Turkey to refer to ? (if yes kindly send me the link). Otherwise some of my initial questions are below :

1. If my goal is to move to Turkey for good “to do a job,” then what are the steps involved and which are the documents I need to have in place ?

2. If my goal is to move to Turkey for good “to start a business,” then what are the steps involved and which are the documents I need to have in place ?

3. To get permanent residence, what are the steps/procedures, costs, documents required, timeline etc. Do you know anyone who has done it for you hassle free and honestly? (kindly help me connect with them).

4. What are the steps and procedures to start a business in Turkey? What is all the paperwork, documents etc required to do so under various legal structures of the business?

5. How easy is it to find a job in Turkey? Which are the top 3 websites (there are many fake ones during a google search).

6. Can one find a job without having to use a website ?

7. Which is the best website to find freelance work in Turkey? Is there good amount of freelance work in Turkey?

8. What are the minimum wages in Turkey?

9. Can one start a home based business and get government registration for it ?

Look forward to the answers and making new friends.
Thank you.

Hi abrar_usc,

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can find some information on this guide: Living in Turkey guide. Please read all the articles found on this guide.

Good luck,
Christine

Excellent, thank you very much.
Will go through and get back if I have any questions.