Petrol or diesel car?

Hey everybody,

I will be moving to Ethiopia this summer and I am not sure whether to sell my petrol car and buy a new diesel one.

I have a quite new Nissan Patrol that works perfectly, but as it is a petrol engine it conumes quite a lot of fuel. So, I was thinking about getting a similar car, but with a diesel engine.

I will be living in Addis, but I would like to go out on safari as much as possible, therefore I would like to have a 4WD.

I would appreciate any information about diesel and petrol prices, but also the availability of petrol and diesel in the provinces.

Any other suggestion or recomendation on this subject would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Diesel is cheaper than gas (petrol) here, and more efficient. You will have a better chance of getting diesel in the countryside too. Sometimes there are fuel shortages in the city, so having a big tank is useful as well.

Jess

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your response, which basically confirmed what I was thinking. I will probably change my petrol to a diesel car.

Best,
Christoph

Hello

we move into ADD next summer and we are looking for buy a car, small 4x4 car, any idea of the prices news and used as well

many thanks in advance