Business Case for Carte de séjour pluriannuelle Passeport Talent Visa

Hi there,

My family is currently living in France under a visa that will expire in June. I have secured a job with a company that is incorporated in the UK, US, and Australia. They have employees spread across the world, and those not based in the incorporated countries are treated as contractors. I have set projects and functions related to my position just like a normal permanent employee, but I invoice the employer on a monthly basis and I am responsible for paying my taxes and social charges here in France.

On this basis, I am applying for a Hi there,

My family is currently living in France under a visa that will expire in June. I have secured a job with a company that is incorporated in the UK, US, and Australia. They have employees spread across the world, and those not based in the incorporated countries are treated as contractors. I have set projects and functions related to my position just like a normal permanent employee, but I invoice the employer on a monthly basis and I am responsible for paying my taxes and social charges here in France.

On this basis, I am applying for a Carte de séjour pluriannuelle Passeport Talent as being self employed. I've been told as part of the application process I need a 'Business Case' of sorts, but have no further guidance on what this entails. Obviously I will have to set myself up as an Micro Enterprise or something similar, but the role allows me to work from home so there will be no requirement for me to purchase or hire office space, employ additional staff, or really build a long term business plan as contract has a set amount for payments and has no end date.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this and can provide some guidance on what the Business Case for the self employed visa in this case should look like.

Thanks

Hi,

For a case like yours, it makes more sense to first move on to a company offering wage portage. Then if all goes well, you can switch to an independent freelance status. Here, for example, are two French sites that explain the process.

- http://www.monday-portage-salarial.com/
- https://www.lecoindesentrepreneurs.fr/f … juridique/

Hi there,
You can have a visa talent if you set up your own company but the projet has to be pretty strong. You also need to show you have a Masters (or equivalent). There is no specific requirement for the business case but you have demonstrate it is in line with your studies and it is pretty serious, sustainable, and well thought through.
You can send me a private message if you need more information.