Hard decision to make!

Hi guys!!

I have been studying in Canada for a year in Winnipeg and had a pretty bad experience. It's a great city, but in term of artistic opportunities, or just life in general It's not cosmopolitan, vibrant, it is too calm. I have an admission both in Ottawa and Montreal and don't know what to choose.

I won't ask wich city is better cause it's really subjective ! But is Ottawa youthfull ? cosmopolitan ? some people said to mee that's a bit like Winnipeg, and that it is not as culturally rich.

I thank you all in advance!:)

Choose Ottawa, Its the best place to study. If French speaking is easy for you then Montreal is cool city to live  and study too. You have to visit first those places then decide, anyway its summer go and hit the road. Goodluck!

I will for sure!! Thank you very much honeyclotte !! :)

Hello Rem20 and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you have been given help for the choice.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi Rem20,

take a look at the post here in the Ottawa-Forum ''going out Ottawa''.

See the pictures !

Those are the people of Ottawa with whom we enjoy our lovely life....

Young people organise a lots of funny activities: cultural, social, sprotif etc.....

and when I say young is 20 - 40 and we have also people over 50 that look more young than the 30's  :)

Yes Ottawa is great to live !

On other hand as it's the federal capital, people are mostly billingual regarding all the other cities in Canada (we can say almost 60% speak english and 40% french and among all those less than half are buillingual)... well Montreal is more billingual than Ottawa.

Last but not elast : Ottawa was named the best palce to live in Canada for those last 5 years according to moneysense magazine.

Good luck!

Hello Rem_20,

I think you have to plan a visit to both the places, then have to decide.