A cooler, less expensive place to live?

I'm looking for recommendations for a relatively small town to relocate to in an area within a not too long bus trip to Medillen. I have lived in Cali for 11 years but would like to live in a cooler climate, preferably in a small town. My needs are minimal for an apartment as long as it is clean, has a private bath and is in a strata no lower than 3. I also need very dependable internet and access to decent medical care. I currently have a plan with Comfenalco. I have been with them for 11 years so I'd rather not change.

Any suggestions for towns and possibly reliable rental agents you trust are welcome.

Armenia rocks. The only downside I have found so far is it is an earthquake zone... so far felt a 7 and a coupla 6's in 2 years.
No tourists so cost of living is really low.

Thank you for the tip. I'll try to get there in a couple of weeks or so to see the area.

Regards,
Raymond a.k.a. caliray

CaliRay :

I'm looking for recommendations for a relatively small town to relocate to in an area within a not too long bus trip to Medillen.

Armenia is about a five-hour bus trip from Medellín.  Possibly longer if there is traffic or construction.

I've done that bus trip, which had one (food) stop along the way and a loud full-length movie in Spanish.

When I traveled between the two cities after that, I went by plane, which was a more comfortable experience.

If Raymond posts again, he might indicate what "a not too long bus trip" to Medellín means to him.  One hour?  Two hours?  Four hours?

cccmedia

The trip length depends on how interesting the experience is. I've waited in airports longer than 5 hours for connecting flights. Even that can be interesting. Air service sounds better. I didn't know that was an option for Armenia.

Nice to see you are still around CCCmedia. Done the trip to Medellin many times. 5 hours on a good day.