Looking for a beginner's course on playing violin

I am an Indian living in Berlin for the past 6 months. I am interested in learning to play violin. I am waiting for my blue card to arrive which will take another one month. Meanwhile I would like to use this free time to learn playing an instrument. I know it is an art and it takes time to become a professional. My intention is to use my time well and start this journey  with crash course and reach a level from where I can learn on my own. I am a total beginner and would like to know if there are some cheap courses in Berlin to learn violin.

Hi Sunragav,

Could you please drop an advert in the Music classes in Berlin section of the website ?

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

I have no personal information about this subject but one can simply google “Geigenunterricht Berlin” and find lots of results. The following link gives a whole list of people/schools offering such instruction. Up to you to follow-up on the individual possibilities to find details like prices, times and where they are located.

https://www.violinorum.com/de/unterrich … ht-berlin/

The more cost effective classes are at a Volkshochschule (community college).
These usually offer once-a-week classes, which is probably not what you are after.
Private music school or freelance teachers (many of them students at conservatories) are more flexibe. Expect to pay €40 - 120 per hour.

I didn't make a comprehensive comparison so I didn't post anything about costs in my previous post. But a couple of places listed in Berlin mentioned something like one 30-minute class per week costing around 70 Euros a month or twice a week for 120 Euros/month.   But I took a look online at the Berlin VHS and find lots of courses for guitar, drums and one for ukulele but nothing mentioned about violin. But another possibility other than a music school would to be to find a private tutor say over Ebay.