Adopting a pet in Saudi Arabia

Hello,

Are you a dog or a cat person? A pet can add life to a home and make an ideal travel companion during your expatriation in Saudi Arabia.

However, formalities or regulations might put you off traveling with your pet making adoption a better option.

Are there any particular rules or procedures for the adoption of an animal in Saudi Arabia?

What are the costs associated with adopting a pet in Saudi Arabia?

Are there different procedures depending on the animal?

Are pet-sitting options available?

Have you ever adopted a pet in Saudi Arabia? Is he or she still with you today?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Loïc

Hi good morning,.I'm a dog lover and on my 5 years here in Saudi Arabia I'll never been adapt any animals I'm trying but my schedule is complicated...

I have more than 10 cats home since 12 years.. There is no specific rules as normal around the globe.. Go to pet shop for buying a pet or ask some one who want to gift u one.. Dogs we can't keep here as majority expats don't have house with lawn... Cost of keeping a single  cat is 100 to 150 sar per month

Hello.
We have imported our dog into KSA recently. It was not a difficult process and all went smoothly. The only thing was making sure you do things in the right order. We lost 2 weeks as a police check was needed and that took 14 days to come through. Other than that it is an online process.

Sue

Would love to know of pet sitting options please.