Where to buy oatmeal

It seems like none of the big stores stock oatmeal, even in the "international" section.  Anyone know where I can buy some?

Found some at COOP the other day (from their own Coop brand). Wasn't even that overpriced.

rand0mwa1k wrote:

It seems like none of the big stores stock oatmeal, even in the "international" section.  Anyone know where I can buy some?

AEON Citymart, Phan Huy Ich, inside Phuc Yen 2 apartment building has a selection of many brands. I buy it there regularly. Also the 2 shops beside Bitexco tower that specialize in western food have oatmeal too. Cant remember the shops names but everyone knows them if you are in that area.
Being Scots I have to have my porridge oats every morning, it keeps me fit & firm! :proud

Nguyen Hue near the river end has shop sells everything

had a neighbour a few months ago who was over the moon 'cos he'd had cheap oats delivered through Lazada.vn
Not sure what prices are like in the shops, but a quick search on Lazada shows a kilo of Quaker Oats for about 40k, dispatched from VietNam, not sure what delivery price is.

Joshstyx wrote:

had a neighbour a few months ago who was over the moon 'cos he'd had cheap oats delivered through Lazada.vn
Not sure what prices are like in the shops, but a quick search on Lazada shows a kilo of Quaker Oats for about 40k, dispatched from VietNam, not sure what delivery price is.

40 A kilo for Quaker Oats is very good, same at AEON it would be about double I think. But delivery by Lazada will be at least 40 I think if not more!
I use Sendo quite a lot & for a similar size & weight it will be at least 40 delivery, sometimes if say you buy 10 kilos you might get delivery free.........not sure! :unsure

I had trouble at first also, now I see it everywhere.  Maybe distribution is going up.  Anyway, I get it at BigC, Bibomart (I guess its seen as a baby food here) and now I see it at Jolymart.  I am told there is a good local brand, but I would have to ask my friend what that brand is, if there is any interest.  Good luck.

These were the first three returns of a site search for "Oats."  The question seems to have been asked before.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=313541https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=406562https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=742592

Update:  99K for 750g at Jolymart Trần Hưng Đạo.   I still find oats way over priced here, compared to most other foods.     [img]Bag image 750g Oats[/img]

Big C has a Vietnamese oats 'Yen Mach' that are way better than any of the ones form the  US or AUS.

Organic from Da Lat (or near there anyway).

EDIT. They are called 'Vinamit Organic Oats'. 450g

They are the large oats, not the little ones that tun into baby food / wallpaper paste.

SongwriterUK wrote:

They are the large oats, not the little ones that tun into baby food / wallpaper paste.

Vinamit is the manufacturer of excellent quality and truly organic dried fruits.  If you don't mind the steep prices, I highly recommend their products.

Ciambella wrote:
SongwriterUK wrote:

Vinamit is the manufacturer of excellent quality and truly organic dried fruits.  If you don't mind the steep prices, I highly recommend their products.

... What he said.

SongwriterUK wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
SongwriterUK wrote:

... What he said.

He's a she...

I always have that problem  :)

"And that is the case for the defendent your honor."

SongwriterUK wrote:

I always have that problem  :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Put , oatmeal, in the Lottemart online search box. There are four or five options there and get free delivery on 75,000.