Coronavirus update websites

Philippine Destiny wrote:

You are letting your paranoia  of the US and your love of the CCP cloud your judgement.

Whilst I don't trust the US regime, I equally don't trust anyone else with a lot to gain when it comes to believing their 'truth'.
I, many years ago, used to listen to Radio Moscow telling me how a story was all black with a little white, then the Voice of America informing me the same news was all white, but with a little black.

The one thing I picked up was never to trust any of them because they all lie whenever it suits them.
Add my vast experience of the press whilst doing a newspaper round, thus reading every newspaper every day, when I was a kid, and I soon worked out the various British newspapers were just as bad ....  but Vanya the page three girl's breasts were lovely.

They censor and create more fake news and disinformation then Aldous Huxley ever dreamed possible! Soma any one? Add to your Reds and Blues!

Fred wrote:

Whilst I don't trust the US regime, I equally don't trust anyone else with a lot to gain when it comes to believing their 'truth'.

but you are carrying water for the CCP

You are right and you are wrong. But this is not the place to say how.

But there is a real disease going around and it is very communicable. If it shows up here and starts to work through the population I do not want to be out there. Being "out there" and being unaware almost got me and my daughter killed by dengue.

It is never time to panic. But it is always time to watch all sources of information. Most of them lie, but the truth is in there.

Of course there's a real, and very nasty, disease, but misleading information from what is supposed to be a responsible agency is hardly a help.

I'm simply saying I won't believe a word from proven misinformation merchants that have a lot to gain from selling snake oil unless it's backed up by reliable sources.

CCP

Do you mean CPC, the Commie party of China? If so, they managed to lose a lot (Read - all) trust when they tried to cover up the disease in the first place.
Just because I refuse to believe one lot of liars doesn't mean I support another lot of the same.

I realise polarized politics claim objecting to one means supporting the other, but that's just politician "You're either for or against us" rubbish, not for people with working brains.

As a note, if anyone believes China is actually a commie country, I would strongly suggest you read up a little. You'll find that country is one probably the most capitalist nation on the planet.
They make Maggie Thatcher look like a Marxist, but that doesn't mean I support them in any way, simple correcting a common mistake as to their political bent.

I was wondering if  there has been any reduction in the amount of Koreans coming to the Philippines especially now that Korea has raised to threat level to its highest level.

I´m pretty sure the Philippine govt has already prevented trips coming from that country. Routine procedure to prevent spread of a very communicable disease.

I had the virus back in January before it was news. I had just got back from a road trip through Sagada then down to Batangas. It wasn't that big of a deal. The worst thing was trying to catch your breath after a coughing fit. When I tried to breathe back in it sounded like someone having an asthma attack.

I initially assumed it was the flu and didn't go to the doctor until it lasted over a week. I was given antibiotics for a secondary throat infection and a tablet that works like alka seltzer to clear out my lungs.

The scariest part of the whole thing was the doctor saying it might be TB, Like I mentioned the virus wasn't very well known at the time.

If you are generally healthy you ought to be fine, The elderly or very young should be carefull. Also if you are one of those people always using hand sanitizer and wearing masks you might be in trouble because you robbed yourself of an immune system.

DevilDoc wrote:

I had the virus back in January before it was news. I had just got back from a road trip through Sagada then down to Batangas. It wasn't that big of a deal. The worst thing was trying to catch your breath after a coughing fit. When I tried to breathe back in it sounded like someone having an asthma attack.

I initially assumed it was the flu and didn't go to the doctor until it lasted over a week. I was given antibiotics for a secondary throat infection and a tablet that works like alka seltzer to clear out my lungs.

The scariest part of the whole thing was the doctor saying it might be TB, Like I mentioned the virus wasn't very well known at the time.

If you are generally healthy you ought to be fine, The elderly or very young should be carefull. Also if you are one of those people always using hand sanitizer and wearing masks you might be in trouble because you robbed yourself of an immune system.

This Corona virus is a new strain so you probably had the ordinary common flu or cold viruses unless you travelled to China beforehand. The new Corona virus is a part of big family of influenza or cold viruses and zoonotic like SARS and MERS.

The production of phlegm caused you to cough a lot due to the overactive glands along the bronchial endothelium. The bronchospasms caused an asthma like symptoms as you described. Coughing is a reflex and impossible to control as you clear up obstruction along the respiratory route.

TB´s cure is easy to find. You should be more scared of the new corona virus.

I´m not going to experiment on my immunity by not washing my hand in order to be immunized naturally. You can have that by vaccination with the introduction of an attenuated antigen. I don´t want to get sick first and risk death to have the immunity.

Elderly and children should then seek vaccination of the common flu. This new Corona virus appears to share a lot of antigenicity of the rest of the family of the common cold viruses. Clinicians are  saying that vaccination alone against the common flu already diminishes 50% of the symptoms of the new Corona virus and gives you a better chance to recover. Adding Tamiflu to hinder growth they say gives you even more chances for a faster recovery.

I cited a good read on my previous post of the medications that can be used against this new strain of Corona virus.

I hate arguing and I hope you don´t get offended. It´s just a different perspective and I hope people pitch in if they have a different opinion.

robal

robal wrote:

I´m pretty sure the Philippine govt has already prevented trips coming from that country. Routine procedure to prevent spread of a very communicable disease.

"Not as yet" ...could be in the pipeline!

https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/2020 … untry.html

manwonder wrote:
robal wrote:

I don´t see your point with the link...

robal

robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:
robal wrote:

I don´t see your point with the link...

robal

"South Koreans" still allowed entry into the philippines...as of now!"
Basis updated link!

Thanks

Sorry buddy, I don't see it. It must be an optic nerve atrophy! Please point it out!

robal

Sorry Robal..."Its an ongoing thing/iive update link"...i've attached another local link which will give a clearer picture as to why 'south koreans' are still allowed to travel into philippines!

https://ph.yahoo.com/news/pinoys-told-d … 00447.html

I have asthma although it is very well controlled and rarely is triggered here. My lungs love the warm humid air. But I'm very concerned about any severe respiratory disease and will do what I can to avoid this one as I dont want to end up in a hospital here. I did get my flu shot though, as always.

pnwcyclist wrote:

I have asthma although it is very well controlled and rarely is triggered here. My lungs love the warm humid air. But I'm very concerned about any severe respiratory disease and will do what I can to avoid this one as I dont want to end up in a hospital here. I did get my flu shot though, as always.

In a nutshell: Making sure we consistently get a good night's sleep is one of the best ways we can improve our immunity and defend against viruses and disease. Sleep is a natural immune booster.

Thanks

Sure.

Absolutely.  Any respiratory illness triggers mucus production. Natural physiological defense.  But it clogs up air passages which
stimulates the coughing reflex  which further
enhances mucous production. More coughing
ensues leading to inflammation of the bronhi/
bronchioles leading to asthma-like symptoms and a possible secondary bacterial infection. If not given steroid inhalers it could be life threatening. If the condition becomes chronic,
It could turn to COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). If you have respiratory
problems already, avoidance of the Corona vírus is a must.

robal

I just saw it now.  Thanks. I don't understand the delay of the Philipines in banning Korean visits.  Luckily, Korea is doing its job on limiting international flights.

robal wrote:

I just saw it now.  Thanks. I don't understand the delay of the Philipines in banning Korean visits.  Luckily, Korea is doing its job on limiting international flights.

Agreed 'S.Korea' is being responsible!

robal wrote:

This Corona virus is a new strain so you probably had the ordinary common flu or cold viruses unless you travelled to China beforehand. l

You can hash that one out with my doctor. I'm just providing some firsthand experience. Btw, part of my job on active duty was running sick call. I'm familiar with flu symptoms and don't go to the doctor over for colds or flus.

Like I mentioned, I was travelling and probably had contact with tourists from China. There were a few times I bought snacks on the street and I probably didn't use hand sanitizer which is most likely how I got it. We all should wash our hands or use hand sanitizer before we eat. Using it compulsively on the other hand isn't doing yourself any favors.

As far as masks go, they are designed to protect others from you. That's why we wear masks in an operating room. To protect yourself you need something a lot bigger that also protects the eyes. If someone sneezes in your face a mask doesn't protect the mucous membrane in the eyes. Masks are more likely to give you a false sense of security.

Now that I think about there are different types of Corona viruses. I'll ask the doctor which I had on my next visit. I'm just glad I'm clear of it now and not in some kind of quarantine.

robal wrote:

If you have respiratory problems already, avoidance of the Corona vírus is a must.

robal

Thanks Robal. I kinda figured I need to avoid this one if I can. I'm currently scheduled to go back to the States (prior plan) in early April for the summer months as I do every year, but hate to leave my GF and the boys here with this situation going on. The kids will be fine but I'm a bit worried about her, although she is a really healthy person. Have to see how this goes I guess.

pnwcyclist wrote:
robal wrote:

If you have respiratory problems already, avoidance of the Corona vírus is a must.

robal

Thanks Robal. I kinda figured I need to avoid this one if I can. I'm currently scheduled to go back to the States (prior plan) in early April for the summer months as I do every year, but hate to leave my GF and the boys here with this situation going on. The kids will be fine but I'm a bit worried about her, although she is a really healthy person. Have to see how this goes I guess.

I think that Philippine Airlines is the only one with direct flights. I would do that to reduce the odds of getting caught in something..

robal wrote:

I just saw a story about one of their pilots who has just been diagnosed with it and they are tracing back his vast recent contact international history now.

robal wrote:

I just saw a story about one of their pilots who has just been diagnosed with it and they are tracing back his vast recent contact international history now.

Great.. that's who I'm scheduled to fly with, lol. Fortunately in Prem Economy which is not as crowded, but I doubt it matters at this point. I suspect air travel will have to shut down soon if this thing gets worse. Those folks are in and out of airports, hotels, restaurants, etc..  constantly...

Problem I see is lack of testing so there are contagious people going around infecting others. They need to get the kits out asap. It's a big problem in the US apparently. Doesn't surprise me with all the movement lately to replace science and fact-based decision making in several agencies with loyalty tests and alternate facts.

I re-red the post and realized you were probably referring to KoreanA/L.  I'm flying on PAL. Not to say they won't have similar issues of course.

pnwcyclist wrote:

I re-red the post and realized you were probably referring to KoreanA/L.  I'm flying on PAL. Not to say they won't have similar issues of course.

Agreed KAL or PAL as always
'err on the side of caution'.

Cheers

pnwcyclist wrote:

sorry

yes, I was talking about Korean Air

but at this point it could be anywhere

I think it may be the time to get to whatever place we would like to be stuck in for a while.

Fred, Are you convinced yet that Iran was lying about Coronavirus numbers? Their track record, simple math and comon sense was my source.

Agreed on the cover up part!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c … er-up.html

do we believe China's numbers?

Lat61 wrote:

Fred, Are you convinced yet that Iran was lying about Coronavirus numbers? Their track record, simple math and comon sense was my source.

No clue as I haven't kept up to date with what they're saying and who argues they're lying.
I know they're reporting a higher percentage mortality rate than other countries, but I don;t know the specific numbers.

Perhaps you could enlighten us all as to what lies you think Iran has told, and who has proven them wrong.

do we believe China's numbers?

Agreed on the cover ups..including that by China; However In an attempt to contain the Wuhan coronavirus, China issued the largest quarantine in human history, locking down an estimated 45 million people.

They did hell of a job trying to correct the initial foul up!

Added measures carried out by China :
They have just permenantly **banned the trade and consumption of wild animals.
Experts think the coronavirus jumped from live animals to people at a market.
They hv closed the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, on January 12th.
Chinese officials have issued an *immediate and comprehensive ban on all wildlife trade and consumption.The ban comes as the coronavirus outbreakcontinues to grow: At least 2,700 people have died and more than 80,000 have gotten sick since December. The virus is thought to have originated in bats, which may have passed it to an intermediary species that then passed it to humans at a market in Wuhan, China.
China's wildlife-farming industry, valued at $74 billion, has been **permanently shut down.

So yes I think the Chinese are going all out to undo the initial foul up!!

Thats my take about China's initial foul up & current extreme measures on the coronavirus outbreak.

:D
But the rest that is another story!!!
Amidst ongoing concerns about an undervalued yuan, growing Chinese military presence in the Pacific, and suspicions about Beijing-sponsored hacking into western computer networks,  China has been confirmed in its position as the world's leading counterfeiting superpower

Mumbo-Jumbo will hoo-doo you.
   Beware, beware, walk with care,
   Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, boom.
   Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, boom,
   Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay,
   BOOM."

lasvegan wrote:

Mumbo-Jumbo will hoo-doo you.
   Beware, beware, walk with care,
   Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, boom.
   Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay,
   BOOM."

Thanks for the heads up buddy!!
I'm hiding in my underground bunker watching : The Expendables 2"

Awesome

Interesting quote

Asked to comment on prospects for the Olympic Games going ahead in Tokyo this summer, Tierno said, “The Olympics should be postponed if this continues ... There are many people who don't understand how easy it is to spread this infection from one person to another.”

Philip Tierno Jr., Professor of Microbiology and Pathology at NYU School of Medicine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin … SKCN20L0BI

The irresponsible/lying few are a headache as well!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb … ng-efforts

Thanks