Coronavirus update websites

Yeah. Information is best analysted after it has all been collected. Some very shrewd peopel have pointed out that if cases were dropping, China wouldn't be going to such lengths as to arrest people without a mask or to build 19 more hospitals as quickly as they can.

pej1111 :
Philippine Destiny :
pej1111 :

Just hopping that this site does not become FB.

I personally would enjoy it if people only posted thing's that are of relevance or may be of relevance to the country that we are posting on.  i.e.  Philippines

I don't care if people post their experiences or idea's.  But to debate another person's post, or comment, simply makes this site like FB.    (LOL i am sure that someone will debate me on this :( )

So when someone has a different perspective they should not say so?

You call it debating, but this is how the full picture is developed.

No single person has the whole answer.

Yep hit the nail on the head, just accept other peoples experience, even it you disagree, as they are posting there experience, it may not be yours.  Feel free to post your experience but don't debate other people's experiences or views.

Feel free to debate them some where else.  Send them a private message and then debate them there.  Other readers have no interest in personal debates with another person, as what happens is the debate goes on and on, like a battle of personalities as to who is correct and who is wrong. 

People that are looking for relevant information come and look at this site and simply give up on reading posts on this site where debate's go on, as they get tired of reading personal debate's, it makes it hard for them to find relevant information and experiences.

On site the members have a good relationship with each other, as we accept that we all have different views and experiences.  Where as FB is full of people who just debate each other.

Have i bridged my own rules here, yep i have, i apologies for that, and will not comment on this again.

I know that you are knew here,  but what you will find is that, as happened recently on another post, is that the admin simply close the Post.

Feel free to report my comment here to admin if you wish, you may find that they just close this post.

I never report anything that is not unlawful or abusive.

Most of the problem that people have is ego.

They cannot detach self from comment.

manwonder :

Yeah. Information is best analysted after it has all been collected. Some very shrewd peopel have pointed out that if cases were dropping, China wouldn't be going to such lengths as to arrest people without a mask or to build 19 more hospitals as quickly as they can.

the only people who ever see information that has been collected have high clearance

the rest of us get the fictional version

Oops lets all chill guys!!...lets all agree to disagree, ALL I can see is that all inputs so far do have some sense of making things better/safer for others in general, even though thru varying differences in experiences/ knowledge.

manwonder :

Oops lets all chill guys!!...lets all agree to disagree, ALL I can see is that all inputs so far do have some sense of making things better/safer for others in general, even though thru varying differences in experiences/ knowledge.

I do not see anyone disagreeing.

I see people with different perspectives.

I see everyone adding a piece to the puzzle.

I am sorry, but I still do not understand this thing about not debating other people's posts.

What does that mean?

Can we have a concrete example?

Who did it?

People come here and just give up because there is so much of it? How is this known? Is this an assumption or is there proof?

It could be that some posts really need to be debated.

listen I am really sorry if this post offends anyone's ambiguous rules, but I am not sure if I agree or disagree because the statement is too vague and ill defined.

PANIC !!!!!!

There are fewer than 105 million people in the Philippines and a massive one confirmed virus case up to yesterday.
If I lived there I would be packing my bags in order to avoid the piles of dead bodies rotting in the streets.

Fred :

PANIC !!!!!!

There are fewer than 105 million people in the Philippines and a massive one confirmed virus case up to yesterday.
If I lived there I would be packing my bags in order to avoid the piles of dead bodies rotting in the streets.

No one is panicking.

People are watching.

And they need to.

And Philippines has had three confirmed cases. One of them died.

And CV can be spread asymptomatically with an incubation period of up to 14 days.

So it could break out at any time just as it has elsewhere.

Being informed and panicking are not the same thing.

excuse the debate

Philippines just came out of the worst dengue outbreak in its history.

I had it twice last year within a six month period. My daughter had it once.

I wish I would have known all the facts about the disease before we got it. We may never have gotten it.

CV can sweep over the population at least as rapidly and unexpectedly as dengue did.

Philippine Destiny :
Fred :

PANIC !!!!!!

No one is panicking.

People are watching.

And they need to.

And CV can be spread asymptomatically with an incubation period of up to 14 days.

excuse the debate

I wish I would have known all the facts about the disease before we got it. We may never have gotten it.

"Dengue"...that must have been a tough period...glad to hear that daughter and you have recovered and are up & about.
We too have a mosquito  problem here. I have been bitten MORE in my 10mths here than I've ever been in the 50 yrs in Singapore)...just lucky they were not the Aedes kind.

If you're going to actually debate with the idea of overcoming others definencies you need to put it in terms both should adhere to! First a debate establishes a Resolution or statement that you will both address! Big step after that is to define your terms and agree on them for the debate! Then tell each other what's your point of view that you will defend or support! Then offer evidence then rebut eaches statements and evidence then let the audience determine who did the best job and that's it! Be civil throughout the process

Just watched the movie Inferno, adaptation of the Dan Brown novel in which Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) tries to prevent the outbreak of a world wide disease which would wipe out 50% of the world's population.  During the movie Langdon reminds us that the word quarantine comes from the Italian for forty, because during the black death days in the middle ages a ship would have to wait in the harbor for 40 days to be sure the plague would not be brought into Venice.  Guess CV isn't quite there yet, but it seems it would be very difficult in 2020 to have an effective quarantine anywhere in the world.

lasvegan :

If you're going to actually debate with the idea of overcoming others definencies you need to put it in terms both should adhere to! First a debate establishes a Resolution or statement that you will both address! Big step after that is to define your terms and agree on them for the debate! Then tell each other what's your point of view that you will defend or support! Then offer evidence then rebut eaches statements and evidence then let the audience determine who did the best job and that's it! Be civil throughout the process

Agreed...especially about being civil throughout the process.

Does anyone believe the gov. is being transparent about coronavirus in the Philippines?
Because given the fact that it allows more cross border traffic with China then anyone else right now it seems likely already here and spreading beyond the numbers provided! Just a thought

You're right on mugtech! The people at CDC believe that this virus isn't going to be contained like it could have if China actually did all they said when they said! CDC thinks it will possibly infect 40 to 70 percent of the worlds population and be here for good!

Anyone remember Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's prediction and warning about population control by the super rich?

please don't respond by saying...Brain damage from body slams lol

lasvegan :

Does anyone believe the gov. is being transparent about coronavirus in the Philippines?
Because given the fact that it allows more cross border traffic with China then anyone else right now it seems likely already here and spreading beyond the numbers provided! Just a thought

This is what prevents any government from being transparent: they just do not know.

CV incubation period up to 27 days https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

CV can be spread by people with no symptoms.

Even Japan, as wealthy and developed as they are, was limited to processing 300 tests per day.

It takes a lot of resources and a lot of diseases present with very similar symptoms to CV. They cannot just test everyone esp in Philippines with limited resources.

lasvegan :

Anyone remember Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's prediction and warning about population control by the super rich?

love to have this discussion elsewhere

"U want the truth?"
"U can't handle the truth..the cognitive dissonance would make your head explode!
Jack Nicholson

Jus re-watched the old movie  "A few good men".

:D

lasvegan :

I find it hard to believe the number of confirmed cases has remained at 3 for a month.    Something odd about that, or extremely fortunate. Maybe my GF is right and it's too hot here, lol..

mugtech :

Just watched the movie Inferno, adaptation of the Dan Brown novel in which Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) tries to prevent the outbreak of a world wide disease which would wipe out 50% of the world's population.  During the movie Langdon reminds us that the word quarantine comes from the Italian for forty, because during the black death days in the middle ages a ship would have to wait in the harbor for 40 days to be sure the plague would not be brought into Venice.  Guess CV isn't quite there yet, but it seems it would be very difficult in 2020 to have an effective quarantine anywhere in the world.

when in the history of forum commenting has that every been done?

It is way simpler than that

people need to be respectful and to not get emotionally attached to their opinions

When you put an opinion out into the world you have no right to expect it not to get criticized. But the criticism should be respectful.

We put our ideas out, then others pick them apart to reveal the flaws. We go back to the drawing board.

that is how we all grow

manwonder :
Philippine Destiny :
Fred :

PANIC !!!!!!

No one is panicking.

People are watching.

And they need to.

excuse the debate

"Dengue"...that must have been a tough period...glad to hear that daughter and you have recovered and are up & about.
We too have a mosquito  problem here. I have been bitten MORE in my 10mths here than I've ever been in the 50 yrs in Singapore)...just lucky they were not the Aedes kind.

The Aedes has to itself become infected by biting a person who has dengue. So maybe you were bitten by one.

And as for the disease, I do not know about anyone else, but I saw death.

Philippine Destiny :

And Philippines has had three confirmed cases. One of them died

OMG!

That's almost 0.000 bugger all percent of the population.

lasvegan :

You're right on mugtech! The people at CDC believe that this virus isn't going to be contained like it could have if China actually did all they said when they said! CDC thinks it will possibly infect 40 to 70 percent of the worlds population and be here for good!

This is the CDC map for cases so far - Looks grim ... but they don't mention the number of cases in each area.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/images/outbreak-coronavirus-world.png

A far more sensible map (and some would argue a politically disinterested one) is here

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source … c9585c8f_2

The CDC map, produced by a country with lots of reasons to discredit China and other trade rivals, shows the Russian federation as infected, but the truth turns out to be a couple of cases.

Apart from obviously stupid stories in pathetic excuses for newspapers, one also has to take care what some official sites say, especially when the controlling government has a lot of political interest in spreading a given story.

One thing I am noticing at the moment is that fear is spreading faster than the virus itself; and it is important that we try to quell that fear.

Fred :
lasvegan :

This is the CDC map for cases so far - Looks grim ... but they don't mention the number of cases in each area.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc … -world.png

A far more sensible map (and some would argue a politically disinterested one) is here

The CDC map, produced by a country with lots of reasons to discredit China and other trade rivals, shows the Russian federation as infected, but the truth turns out to be a couple of cases.

Apart from obviously stupid stories in pathetic excuses for newspapers, one also has to take care what some official sites say, especially when the controlling government has a lot of political interest in spreading a given story.

Looks like a good time to head to Mongolia.

You might want to wait on the Mongolia move! We just had a nice family of 4 move from there in to our complex because of the virus in Hami China which shares a border with Mongolia! They said very scary in China now!

South America is the place

Philippine Destiny :
lasvegan :

love to have this discussion elsewhere

That must include the Kissinger Report.

Fred :
Philippine Destiny :

And Philippines has had three confirmed cases. One of them died

OMG!

That's almost 0.000 bugger all percent of the population.

What it proves is that you were not correct. And every outbreak starts like that.

And no one is panicking, but you mate.

You may want to be standing in line with a thousand sick people to buy groceries, but I do not.

That is why we share the information here. It beats lying around drunk.

Jeez, Jeese Ventura and the Kissinger Report. Maybe throw in a few of Nixon's tapes and popcorn

manwonder :

One thing I am noticing at the moment is that fear is spreading faster than the virus itself; and it is important that we try to quell that fear.

The virus is not the only threat.

At least as great a threat is that fear.

That fear will spread like wildfire at the least provocation.

That is why we should be watching for it. To be prepared to beat the crowds.

Fred :
lasvegan :

I have previously stated here that it is just a few hundred cases worldwide.

What you do not understand is what is possible.

No one here is panicking. You are over stating what we are doing.

We are sharing information and keeping an eye on what is happening.

One person made several hundred sick in South Korea.

If something like that happens in Philippines, then we who live in Philippines should take note of it.

Why are you so concerned about this discussion? You are not Philippines?

Why are you panicking about us simply sharing information?

Philippine Destiny :
Fred :
lasvegan :

I have previously stated here that it is just a few hundred cases worldwide.

No one here is panicking. You are over stating what we are doing.

We are sharing information and keeping an eye on what is happening.

One person made several hundred sick in South Korea.

If something like that happens in Philippines, then we who live in Philippines should take note of it.

Why are you so concerned about this discussion? You are not Philippines?

Why are you panicking about us simply sharing information?

According to his profile he is a Brit in Indonesia since 2007.

mugtech :

I agree with some of the things he says.

But we need to have a meeting of the minds.

Philippine Destiny :
mugtech :

I agree with some of the things he says.

But we need to have a meeting of the minds.

It´s now on the brink of becoming pandemic and that could change  anytime the African continent or even South America is contaminated.

Philippine Destiny :

It's very possible a large asteroid will slam into the Earth tomorrow morning just before breakfast, but I believe it's unlikely.
As for the CDC, the clearly misleading information they put out, and the regime that controls what they say, I'd be more inclined to trust a man with a pair of scissors around my John Thomas than I would that lot.

You simply can't trust the word of anyone with so much to gain by spreading fear, especially as we have  seen the somewhat alarmist map they've published, but also know they conveniently neglected to add the information required to see what a load of old rubbish it is.

As we know they're deliberately misleading the public with the map, how can we trust anything else they say?

mugtech :

You might also like to note the stated jobs.

Phew....finally i sense the "meeting of minds".

Cheers

Fred :
Philippine Destiny :

It's very possible a large asteroid will slam into the Earth tomorrow morning just before breakfast, but I believe it's unlikely.
As for the CDC, the clearly misleading information they put out, and the regime that controls what they say, I'd be more inclined to trust a man with a pair of scissors around my John Thomas than I would that lot.

You simply can't trust the word of anyone with so much to gain by spreading fear, especially as we have  seen the somewhat alarmist map they've published, but also know they conveniently neglected to add the information required to see what a load of old rubbish it is.

As we know they're deliberately misleading the public with the map, how can we trust anything else they say?

You are letting your paranoia  of the US and your love of the CCP cloud your judgement.

Like I told you, we just went through the worst dengue outbreak in Philippines history. We saw it from inside the hospital.

With all due respect, you are dead wrong.

And did you read the Riegle report I gave you?

Also, I will post this all in one coronavirus live view here again
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It contains sources from all over the world...Not just CDC.

Every case is detailed. The entire history of the illness.

This is not an asteroid that never comes.

This is a real problem that is seriously impacting several developed nations right now.