Another trip scheduled in April to scout out areas for a life move :)

Man, I have to say, I have spent hours, hours and hours reading some great information on this forum. I feel like I get a good plan down and then get completely overwhelmed. Me and my wife are going to stay in the Las Croabas area in April and venture the east end of the island this visit, looking for an area to possibly move to in the near future. I have a few places (fixer uppers, bank owned no doubt) I have in mind that I want to see. We think that we would enjoy re-hab'ing a place rather than move in ready, which we were leaning towards in the beginning. The addresses dont pop up on Google maps but I can see the roads and how to get there. Just not sure if just blindly driving around is kosher or not. We'll see when we get there. We will try and find some local folks to talk with and maybe shed some light on things. We have talked to a real estate agent there but feel like we would be wasting his time looking for an inexpensive place. We are still naive to so much. VERY exciting and scary all at the same time. Anyways, I just want to thank all of you for the invaluable information! :)

What I recommend is to rent a place for 6 months to a year, then look around, find the place you want, fix it and them move in.
Río Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo, Ceiba and Naguabo are all good areas.

What Rey wrote is best way. Rent for while and see what you like (if you like) and how things actually work here. Good luck.