TRV CONVERSION TO SRRV !!!

Hi
Can anybody guide me if a person married to Filipino woman who is on TRV VISA ,can downgrade his Visa OR switch his TRV to SRRV?.Thanks.

I am pretty sure that you can downgrade.  You could contact one of the PRA offices in the Philippines and they could answer your question.

HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

Hi
Can anybody guide me if a person married to Filipino woman who is on TRV VISA ,can downgrade his Visa OR switch his TRV to SRRV?.Thanks.

Hi and welcome the forum, enjoy.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa … p;oe=UTF-8

Perhaps Balakbayan privileges? 13a?

Cheers, Steve

HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

Hi

The SRRV is offered through the Philippine Retirement Authority.
https://pra.gov.ph/
Look at the different options they have.

Since you are married to a Filipino, you should compare the SRRV to the 13a.

SRRV is from the PRA not Bureau of Immigration like the 13a is.

And I am assuming that your Filipino spouse either never lost their citizenship or if they did they went through the process to reacquire it.

I am curious though. I see you are from England. Assuming again, if you are a citizen of UK how did you end up with a TRV?

Hi
Its the information for somebody .Not for me.

HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

Hi

I see.

The information that I have is that the TRV is for foreigners married to Filipinos who are from countries that do not have visa reciprocity with the Philippines. Otherwise they get a 13a.

You are correct.Information is for  an Indian married to Filipino citizen.Just wanted to know whether that TRV could be Transferred to SRRV. If there was a Possibility or Provision...Thanks

HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

You are correct.Information is for  an Indian married to Filipino citizen.Just wanted to know whether that TRV could be Transferred to SRRV. If there was a Possibility or Provision...Thanks

I am sure that PRA will be happy to help him with that. He needs to contact them personally. Note the costs involved.

I second that... the "PRA" will indeed be happy to issue $RRV.

Cheers

Philippine Destiny wrote:
HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

Hi

I see.

The information that I have is that the TRV is for foreigners married to Filipinos who are from countries that do not have visa reciprocity with the Philippines. Otherwise they get a 13a.

Dont get a 13a is my advise if you can afford the time deposit for an SSRV. When the marriage goes BANG, you will save yourself a bunch of heart ache and money.

Munchie wrote:
Philippine Destiny wrote:
HARVEYKHAMB16 wrote:

Hi

I see.

Dont get a 13a is my advise if you can afford the time deposit for an SSRV. When the marriage goes BANG, you will save yourself a bunch of heart ache and money.

The op's friend cannot get a 13a. His/her friend already has a TRV, which is like a 13a for people from countries without visa reciprocity.

SRRV has drawbacks too, but the Extended courtesy does make it very nice for ex military from some nations.