Foreing Student at Fudan University

Hello,

I am an student economics at the university of Leuven in Belgium.
In the fall of 2011 I will be studying at the fudan university of Shanghai.

On the campus of the university lies a dormitory for foreign students. Does anyone have some experience with living in this dormitory?

How is campus life at the university? Is it very strict?
Does anyone have some tips about studying af Fudan?

It would be great if someone could answers these questions..

Thanks in advance,

Bart

Hi Bart!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

et tu doix verifier tout d'abord dans quel campus de Fudan tu feras ton etudes, puisqu'il y a plusieurs campus de Fudan.

Bonne chance !

i live very near from tongji univercity,hope we can be friends in near future, my msn:[email protected]

Hey Bart,

Fudan is a great place for students.  I would not reccomend staying in the student dorms, because first it is really overpriced just for international students and what you pay, you can really get a nice appartment.  Second is that I reccomend you stay in a hotel for one week so that when you start, you can look around for other international students who are looking for room mates etc. 

What are you studyiing? 

Campus life is pretty easy going.

Hey!

I just finished a semester at Fudan, and my friends and I had a pretty great time. I stayed in the student dorms and whilst it was convenient and fun, I do agree that they are too expensive and you can find much better places for the same or less money.

The only trouble with Fudan that we found, was that there are always a heck of a lot of people cheating in exams and the teachers are often aware but do not prevent it. The attendance requirements for classes are also extremely strict.

Other advice would be to eat tons of the delicious street food just outside the main gate near the student dorms!!! There is a great cafe nearby called Ciao, and a great bar nearby called Helen's.

Have Fun!!!

Hi guys, any people here just came to Shanghai and up for a dinner and drinks now and than? Let me know, just came here myself as well and will stay for a month more..

Wiebren