From Holland to Lyon

Dear (future) network,

I heard so many great things about Lyon, that I decided to write my thesis in this lovely city. In this post, I'll illustrate where it is all about. But first, a little bit about myself.

My name is Diederik Bode, 22 years old and I live in a town called Nunspeet, The Netherlands. I am now in my fourth and last year of my Bachelor Commercial Economics at Windesheim University of Applied Sciences in Zwolle. They suggested this website, so here I am :).

Close people describe me as open-minded, goal-oriented, sporty, sociable, a bit dreamy and always willing to help others. You can make me happy with a good glass of wine, a nice sunset, and listening to some great old music.

Since I studied Psychology, I developed an interest in other people's ways of thinking. That's why I find topics like marketing and sales very fascinating. I am now at a level where I am eager to broaden my perspective through an abroad experience. Over the past year, I met some great French people who really made me enthusiastic about their country, culture, and language. They recommend me Lyon as one of the greatest cities in France. Besides that, being able to speak the language is one of my sub-targets while focussing on my studies.

That being said, the purpose of my thesis is writing it based on a real-life situation within a company. I must show (in attitude and behavior) that I reached the level of a starting professional. This contains developing an adequate solution with a high degree of independence in a complex problem situation. For instance, It could be about exploring business opportunities (abroad or domestic), advising you about marketing strategies and perhaps provide you some fresh insights. Regardless of the topic, the process will be
formalized in a methodologically responsible way.

Writing my thesis will occupy 4 days a week of doing research. The fifth day is all about helping you with daily business, and every task where you need support.   

One of the most important aspects is the fit between the company and me as a person. I am open to any industry, company size or location. Who can help me with finding the right fit?

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Diederik Bode