China Halts all International Group Tours.

As of today , Monday 27/1/20 Beijing has halted all International tour groups.   Decision is indefinite until this vIrus is contained.  Who knows how long that could take

Since the bulk of tourists to Vietnam ,Thailand etc ...are in these zero dong tour groups things could be quiet around here soon.  As I mentioned in another thread China IS Vietnam tourism.

Nha Trang alone gets over 2 million Chinese a year, expected to increase.  Thats 200,000 a month that won't be coming . We were getting about 35 flights a day from China .   

How things can change.     Maybe the Visa changes will need to be amended,,🤓

Some of us “stupid old foreigners” as they refer to us......maybe seen in a better light.  They might even start saying “you hansum” again.

Bye-bye Muong Thanh and cie

:D

Ontheroad57 wrote:

As of today , Monday 27/1/20 Beijing has halted all International tour groups.   Decision is indefinite until this vIrus is contained.  Who knows how long that could take

Since the bulk of tourists to Vietnam ,Thailand etc ...are in these zero dong tour groups things could be quiet around here soon.  As I mentioned in another thread China IS Vietnam tourism.

Nha Trang alone gets over 2 million Chinese a year, expected to increase.  Thats 200,000 a month that won't be coming . We were getting about 35 flights a day from China .   

How things can change.     Maybe the Visa changes will need to be amended,,🤓

Some of us “stupid old foreigners” as they refer to us......maybe seen in a better light.  They might even start saying “you hansum” again.

:cool::D Gee I for one will really miss going down at my hotel for breakfast or queuing behind the guy with the flag at the airport without the Chinese tourists! (experiences never to be forgotten)

A group of protesters launched a Molotov cocktail in a newly built Hong Kong residential building that was slated to serve as a quarantine area for people exposed to the coronavirus.
The fire marked a new high in tensions over the government's response to the alarming virus outbreak, as protesters objected to the quarantined area's location.
The outbreak now has 2,744 confirmed cases of the virus, which can pass from human to human via saliva or phlegm.

The best report I've seen on the Chinese management of the crisis came from a 10-year resident from South Africa that has deep ties to Chinese medical types. See:  serpentza  (YouTube).

Coronavirus - Inside info and discussion    (YouTube video title).

looks like the virus is the least of our worries

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A … cyfypOwWpg

unionjack wrote:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A … cyfypOwWpg

Those are just the ones that are reported, Im sure its higher.

unionjack wrote:

facebook .com/ (Snip)

Not the kind of link that flies well in this forum.

Through Facebook and then redirecting to a third party site.

Perhaps you can post a direct link to the article that interests you?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
unionjack wrote:

facebook .com/ (Snip)

Not the kind of link that flies well in this forum.

Through Facebook and then redirecting to a third party site.

Perhaps you can post a direct link to the article that interests you?

Well call me mister stupid but I just click on the link & it opens for me :dumbom: I see also that others have managed to open it & comment too!

Anyways to avoid any confusion on your part, it states that on the first day of TET there were 22 left dead & 13 injured on the roads in Vietnam & my point was that making why worry about the virus if you use the roads in Vietnam.

Hello everyone,

Yeah the link works fine and i have checked it, it is an article on road accidents, you may check it out, very interesting, however sad!!!!   :(

Regards,
Bhavna

Beijing and Shanghai airports both shut down now. Wife is stuck in Saigon and can't come home through China.

Jim-Minh wrote:

Beijing and Shanghai airports both shut down now. Wife is stuck in Saigon and can't come home through China.

🎶🎶 welcome to the Hotel California...you can check in any time you like,,,,,but you can't check out.🎶🎶

Arrivals , but no departures.🤓

Jim-Minh wrote:

WOW

Jim-Minh wrote:

Can you link to news on that one, please?

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone,

Yeah the link works fine and i have checked it, it is an article on road accidents, you may check it out, very interesting, however sad!!!!   :(

Regards,
Bhavna

I'm signed into Facebook.

When I clicked the link it first took me to Facebook, where there was a warning that I'd clicked a link that would take me away from Facebook.

I suppose that "works" for some people.

Jim-Minh wrote:

I'm in Saigon now, Jim, through Friday the 31st.

Send me a PM if she needs any assistance here.

unionjack wrote:
Jim-Minh wrote:

WOW

Hi Jack,
Can't wait to hear what you say when they start throwing bodies into the river.

They've been known to do that ya know😉

This might be of interest

https://vietnaminsider.vn/vietjet-air-t … rom-wuhan/

Ontheroad57 wrote:
unionjack wrote:
Jim-Minh wrote:

WOW

Hi Jack,
Can't wait to hear what you say when they start throwing bodies into the river.

They've been known to do that ya know😉

look on the positive side, they will mix well with all the plastic & other crap, at least bodies are food for the marine life & biodegradable!!

https://starecat.com/corona-beer-change … -outbreak/

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Angie owns a nice house in District One so that's not a problem.
Thanks very much for the offer.

Wuhan hospital staff Tweets that numbers of sick and dead are low by a factor of 33.

They report the virus is mutating - it is easily spread by coughs and sneezes now.

An Israeli scientist reported that Wuhan is home to a biological warfare lab and the virus may have escaped there.

Close to 60 million people are in lockdown across China. People are hoarding food and shortages are starting to develop.

Jim-Minh wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Angie owns a nice house in District One so that's not a problem.
Thanks very much for the offer.

Wuhan hospital staff Tweets that numbers of sick and dead are low by a factor of 33.

They report the virus is mutating - it is easily spread by coughs and sneezes now.

An Israeli scientist reported that Wuhan is home to a biological warfare lab and the virus may have escaped there.

Jesus, what next, how about fresh nose snot blown on a restaurant floor or in the street?? :o

It appears now that people can be infected and contagious for up to a week without symptoms.

While any deaths are tragic, I think it's important to keep perspective on this. A virus that can spread worldwide this quickly is substantially more devastating than 22 people killed in traffic accidents in a single country.

<<< Jesus, what next, how about fresh nose snot blown on a restaurant floor or in the street?? :o >>>

The serpentza YouTube video I mentioned in a previous post mentioned those unsanitary behaviors again and again.

Coronavirus - Inside info and discussion    (YouTube video title).

Suppobill wrote:

While any deaths are tragic, I think it's important to keep perspective on this. A virus that can spread worldwide this quickly is substantially more devastating than 22 people killed in traffic accidents in a single country.

In any one year the CDC state that in excess of 56,000 people die from flue or flue like illnesses. So far from corona-virus there are about 2,700 registered & noted infections world wide with 81 deaths. Bit of an exaggeration to call it "devastating" or even potentially devastating yet. Cant remember any year there has not been some flap in the media about some potential pandemic & has it happened so far....no!
Bet more than 56,000 people die world wide in traffic accidents yearly! Just Googled it 1.25 million, fair bit to go for corona virus then!!

Jim-Minh wrote:

And what is the idea behind it to increase the number of sick and dead by a factor of 33.

Always these absurd assertions without sources of information.

The Washington Times and Newsmax published those stories just for you AKA.
They knew you had run out of things you could disparage.

" The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to China's covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.

Radio Free Asia last week rebroadcast a Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China's most advanced virus research laboratory, known the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

Dany Shoham, a former Israeli military intelligence officer who has studied Chinese biological warfare, said the institute is linked to Beijing's covert bio-weapons program."

Washington Times

Even if there would be hundreds of deaths from this virus in Vietnam (which I never believe), you have to consider that there are between 8 and 9 thousand traffic fatalities every year in Vietnam.
This means that the risk of dying on the road in traffic is factors greater than dying from this virus.

So stop this scare tactics.

Jim-Minh wrote:

" The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to China's covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.

Radio Free Asia last week rebroadcast a Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China's most advanced virus research laboratory, known the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.

Dany Shoham, a former Israeli military intelligence officer who has studied Chinese biological warfare, said the institute is linked to Beijing's covert bio-weapons program."

Washington Times

So it sounds from a less radical point of view:
Coronavirus, less radical reporting

Of sick and dead by a factor of 33 higher than known I have not found anywhere on the web.
This is probably the fantasy of the Washington Times, which is known for conspiracy theories (e.g. controversy over Obama's birth certificate).

Jim-Minh wrote:

Washington Times

Male cows, red hot curry, 10 large beers, toilet

Jim-Minh wrote:

Radio Free Asia

A US government propaganda station

It isn't news if it's put there for political reasons regardless of the truth.

This is what happens when masses of people only move around in Facebook or other social media.
Fake News auf Facebook

My wife was panicked to go to Vung Tau next time just because of this garbage.

Everybody has to generate "likes" by all means and posts all kinds of garbage and the Facebook community of course believes it immediately.

Update:
My wife's whole family just called and they all told my wife to cancel the next trip to Vung Tau and Thailand because of the corona virus.

Meanwhile I have more stress because of ignorance and half-knowledge of the people here than with environmental pollution and traffic chaos.

Panic caused by idiots spreading lies could well cause more than a few problems so, in my humble opinion, they deserve whatever punishments they end up with.
As for supposed professional news outlets doing it for a bit of stupid political point scoring, they're pathetic.