Canadians who have done the retirement visa

I'm reaching out to other Canadians concerning the visa process from Canada.

Right now I have private pension and I wont receive CPP until Dec 2020.  My understanding is that having private pension only will make it harder to get a retirement visa.

Has anyone had experience with this?
Can you recommend a visa service that is reliable and affordable from personal experience?

Any and all information would be helpful.

Anna

I have a private pension plan from Canada that got me a 3 year visa in Colombia. No problem.

Thanks Doug.  That helps alot.

It's not really a retirement VISA.  My cedula is labelled "Imigrante". This year if you can prove by apostilled letter from Canada that you have a permanent lifetime monthly income of at least 665 CAD (twice the average Colombian monthly income) then you should be good to go.

Hi folks. Is there any way for a person with liquid assets (but no permanent lifetime income) to get a retirement visa?
Colombia does sound like it could appeal to me but my savings are in US shares, not in a pension plan...

Thanks
(BTW, I'm South African, not Canadian, but this seemed like the closest thread to my question, sorry for the "hijack")

You can invest your way into Colombia.

Historically -- and depending on the exchange rates -- the minimum to qualify in such manner has been about $25,000 US. 

Casacol -- at en.casacol.co -- is a company that has been offering such investments.

NB, I am not affiliated with Casacol, nor do I derive income from that company in any way.

cccmedia

Thanks cccmedia I will investigate this!