Finding teaching jobs in Hanoi

Hello,

I am looking to move to Vietnam at some point this year and i am looking at teaching English in Hanoi. I was wondering what is the best way to find jobs.

Is it better to find jobs online or going into schools and centres handing in resumes whilst I am there?

I have a degree, TEFL qualification and I am native English. Will I struggle to find work or should I be able to find something rather soon?

Phil_97 wrote:

Hello,

I am looking to move to Vietnam at some point this year and i am looking at teaching English in Hanoi. I was wondering what is the best way to find jobs.

Is it better to find jobs online or going into schools and centres handing in resumes whilst I am there?

I have a degree, TEFL qualification and I am native English. Will I struggle to find work or should I be able to find something rather soon?

This website has some listings in the Hanoi Jobs section:

expat.com/en/jobs/asia/vietnam/hanoi/

You can also create your own ad there.

Good luck!

Phil_97 wrote:

Hello,

Well, both, of course. Just search for "vietnam teaching jobs" and you will find job ads. In addition, almost all schools have a website or at least a facebook page where you can find their e-mail address and perhaps some info about job openings. By networking beforehand, you can determine your best options and set up some interviews for when you arrive. Then, if necessary, you can start handing out your CV around town. 

The two largest market segments in VN are kids and IELTS test prep. If you can handle the kids, you should be fine. Also, although Ha Noi is a significantly smaller market than HCMC, it is a less popular place. Tet (lunar new year) is occurring in the coming week so schools are on holiday break until early February, and there is a somewhat slow period in the months after that until the summer begins and demand peaks. All the centers have loads of intensive programs and 'camps' during June - August.

Hello Phil; I am a native Vietnamese. I am living and working in Hanoi. I work on construction project management.
My English is bad. I also need to learn it;If you come to Vietnam I can help you gather a class for you. If you need anything else, I can help