New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ukraine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

My name is Igor. I live at the south of Ukraine , at Nikolaev city. In real life I promote companies and shops offline. I love to write stories, written some. In 2010 I created my blog about my city Николаев в картинках. Later I renamed it in Nikolaev in Pictures (this on English) but on Russian name still is. From 2010 to 2014 I worked for this blog and finally this is entire resource about Nikolaev.
Also I have some domains about Ukraine for sale.
And I open for people. I am here to make new friends around the world.

I'm Eugene Seekoei 53 years old living in South Africa, currently separated with 4 children and in the process of divorce which will be finalized soon, I intend to move to Ukraine. I'm fluent in English and Afrikaans.I would appreciate any information on how best can I secure a job apply for a visa. I'm currently working for Lancet pathological laboratories in South Africa as a laboratory assistant with 12 years experience. I also have vast experience in food retail sector as a manager. I also do floor and wall tiling and welding in my spare time. I've really developed great interest in the Ukraine

New here and i am looking for some advice on learning Russian. Tried a few courses and am a bit tired of spending hours learning to ask where Red Square is. Looking for something that will help with communication in a relationship as well as everyday life within a circle of friends

Hi Everyone
I currently spend around 70% of my time in Krivoy Rog with my wife and children. The other 30% of the time in the UK. I have been coming here for around 18 months and love the country and the people. We are currently deciding where to settle permanently. I am looking for advice about working in Ukraine, Kryvyi Rih, specifically.
Any tips or advice gratefully received.
Bruce

Hello all,

We find ourselves here in a more residential situation than expected. We looked forward to our time here in Odessa, but now it looks like we will be staying even longer with the travel ban.

I am retired and on a smallish pension, so we are trying to economize in our travels. We had been through the Balkans recently and last week managed to leave Moldova just before the border closed. So we are looking at possibly renting an apartment here. Any ideas.
Tom and Julie

***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 months ago
Reason : please post in the classifieds section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I would not move to Ukraine at this time. Borders are all closed.

I am not sure if you are responding to me or to the lady above whose post is not visible, but we are already here. We had arrived here before there was any talk of closing the border, so we will just have to wait until things open up again.

We are new on the forum, but owned a apartment in Kiev for many years now.
I hopefully will find a good all round craftsman to finish our apartment....

Hi there,

My name is Pamela and I'm moving to Ukraine - Kyiv actually. I'm looking for an apartment (I have a short term set up). and looking for language classes.

Hello PamieK,

Weclome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I hope that you will be able to find an apartment soon.

In order to help you, I invite you to create an advert in the Ukraine classifieds. There is a section for language classes.  ;)

Best luck.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Thanks Cheryl,

I'll post an inquiry then about language classes.

Appreciate the quick message!

Pamela

New topic