New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, welcome to Turkey.what are your your plans is short visit or live during retirement?

Hi Siwmman, see my reply to Borarro for the reasons I'm interested in visiting Istanbul. Thank you for your welcome.

Best wishes
Rocked/JohnD

Welcome to Ankara

Thanks Julien, I've been made very welcome by some lovely people on this forum - impressed!

Cheers
Rocked/John/D

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

Just want to wish you all the best and success in moving to Turkey. Any info you need, feel free to post them on the forum : Post new topic

@ siwmman, thanks for your kindness and support to Julien  :happy:  Well, he is the founder of the website and this post was launched automatically from his profile. Not moving to Turkey, but if he needs, glad to know you are here.

Regards,
Bhavna

Hi, we've just joined the forum (and have already posted in the wrong place). We have an unfinished house and need to find local advice on who could help us proceed. We've not been involved with the long back story to the housed so have few contacts in the area. Looking forward to meeting people who've decided to settle in Alanya. Only been a couple of times but really like the place.

Jem & Ali

Hello and welcome Jem & Ali, no problem for the thread  :cheers:

I am just pending down the link to your thread for members to see and help you : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=881387

All the very best,
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna

Dear all,

Hi. I'm Gabriel.  I'm new here to this forum and recently moved to Antalya. I look forward to meeting wonderful people and making new friends/connections in this city. Also open to working opportunities etc..  Cheers

Hi, i am going to be in Ankara probably till mid April. I would love to know where expats hangout in Ankara. 😊

Hi everybody, ı am new in this forum, my name is aykut, ı am french teacher and export expert, I live in Turkey, and I can help people who want to live in Turkey..give them informations

Heyy, i will be here :)

Hello,
I've been living and working in Istanbul since July 2019.  Loving it so far and barely scratching the surface on what to discover in this enormous and beautiful city...Looking for international friends on the Asian side.

Looking to move to Turkey.

Hello,

I have been living here since 2018 and still, I feel like there are many things that yet I didn't see!!!

Hi Scott. I am also interested in art, music, politcs and teaching. I have a PhD in Political Science btw.. maybe we can have some common things to talk .. Best! :)

Hi Naima, we can discover the city if yuo want :))

planning to move to turkey to start new business , I am concerned about residence permit and work permit to run my business if anyone can help me and let me know if someone can guide me to get the work permit .
thx

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and also planning on coming to Turkey to work and school but I also want to make friends ahead so please feel free to PM if interested 😊.

Hi everyone, I am a Turkish citizen living in Ankara. I am a foreign trade manager with a degree from Bilkent University. I can speak Turkish and English the same level, little French and very little Arabic. Happily married and have 3 cats. Have too many hobbies, but not as many friends, so I am looking for meeting new people, meet up, have coffee, etc. I consider myself as a world citizen and enjoy meeting people from various and all backgrounds (which is also why I chose my profession). Feel free to contact me for a coffee or any friends activity in Ankara.

Come to Alanya.. it is the best.   small town has everything. been all over Turkey. but Alanya is the best, in my opinion :)

Hey there am an African living in turkey, we can be friends I have a degree in physiology and I want to study medicine can we be friends

Hello bro  thanks am a newbies too. I want a long stay

hi guys
i m mohamad and i had a trip in 2018 with my love to your Unimaginable country and after that time this is my desire to live in turkey...
my language or mother lan is azari and we were so comfortable in my trip but one of my most concern to living in turkey is my income when we want to stay...i was retired from power plant in tehran and my salary is very good between iranian but because of our cheap currency That's not much for a comfortable life so i forced to find a job....i have IT degree and i have too cullinary international diploma and i like so much cookery specially turkish and iranian food is my favorite...if someone can help me to find a good job so i can come to your beutifuul country..thank you so much guys

it is great in Turkey.  come to Alanya stay away from big cities. too crowded

Expensis From low to high per month as follows:-
One time 1 year Resident Visa= one person 1000 or up to 3000 Lira for the whole family
Apartment Rent= 1000 to 2700 lira
Apartment services fees= 50 to 300 Lira
Monthly Food shopping = 1000 to 2000 Lira
Electric= 100 to 600 lira
Stove butane= 120
Water= 50 to 140 lira
Internet= 80 to 150 lira
Cell phone= Local minutes, SMS and data = 25 to 45 lira
Buying a good used car = between 45,000 lira to 85,000 liras
Buying an apartment= $38,000 to $150,000  I would suggest to burchase directly from the Builder.

Yeah but we all need a little help

Hello everyone,

This is Bulent from Ankara.

I am working on international sales and nowadays we are focused in South America. I can handle the written documents by google translate, but I need some help during the phone calls and conference calls. So I am searching for friends whose mother tongue is Spanish. ***

Moderated by Cheryl 4 years ago
Reason : All job offers must be posted in the Jobs section. Kindly do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you sir once, again for the likes sir, for the little help I want to get into turkey, I came from all the from Africa to turkey, wanted to come through border but due to the crises now I met a guy from this forum for visa assistant and but I want to know how good it will go. I wonder if your number dey online.

Hello everyone !
I signed up or expat.com a few years ago but only started using it very recently. I am an Architecture student here in Turkey and in my junior year. I love to travel , get acquainted with new people and cultures and I love to write. I write about my experiences in Turkey and my blog just got added to the directory so anyone interested can have a look.

I really do need help bringing in a friend from iran to turkey he is African and wanted to come through border crossing but now is abit difficult because of this virus and he has spent all his money. Can you help with a reliable agent.

Hi Expats,

My names are Moira Minayo Tadayo, a single Mother and above 40 years from Kenya.  I am interested in moving to Turkey  to find a job or to be a business woman in order to help my family and people who depend on me for support eg. my elderly Mother who is sick.

A lso,  I would like to have new friends who can help me to how to move and live in Turkey.

Thank you for your help.

Yours faithfully,

Moira

Merhaba everyone!

My name is Nuria, I am a Strategy and M&A analyst at a bank in Madrid, with 4 years experience, and a double degree in Economics (from a university in Madrid and antoher in New York).

I studied turkish in Madrid when I was in high school and immediately fell in love with the culture and language. I have been very lucky to have met turkish classmates who have become life-long friends and have showed me all the treasures in Istanbul and Turkey in general.

I have been wanting to move to Turkey for over 4 years now and the idea has never gone away. I would love to be able to be a productive person in turkey's society and enjoy all the wonders it has to offer. I am currently seeking opportunities in Istanbul related to the financial industry due to my experience but I am very open to any offer (I can adapt easily to pretty much anything).

I hope one day I can become one more spanish expat in Istanbul!

It's a pleasure meeting you all.

Marhaba,
             I m currently  living in pakistan.
I m searching jobs in turkey. I m a beginner, needs ur help n friendship as well.
Thanks.
Regards

Hi every body
I'm managing to move to Turkey, and start living there. My favourite city is my dream city Istanbul. Before moving I need to find a good job. I'm an English teacher and i've been teaching for more than ten years. I just need a good change in my life. By the way I'm married and have a 5 year old son.

If you do not speak and write Turkish, you will not be able to work for a good Turkish company.  Plus, you will have to change your visa to working visa and that is not easy.   My advice to to all, is keep working remote via VPN with the company you work for in your country.  This way you will have weekly or monthly income while living in Turkey.

Hi,
If you want to move to turkey and wants to do a job or business learning Turkish language is compulsary. And before going do concrete planning about your budget, rent,  grocery and other expenses. 

Thanks and regards

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : no free ads please + do not share your contact details on the forum

Hi, I'm a newbie on the Forum. Looking at Turkey as a new home for my husband, me and our two boys 10, and 5.

We have been looking at Turkey for a while along with some other places so would like some advice... we are looking at moving to Istanbul or Antalya mainly for the better schools in these areas ( from what we have researched).

My husband is a self employed IT infrastructure manager / contractor and I have been working as a Home / interior designer.
Please can some one advise of us the type of jobs we would be able to get.

What part of Turkey is best recommended for young childrens education, and a decent lifestyle.

We have lived in England all our lives, but our parents originally from Pakistan.
Speak english, urdu, punjabi, french and learning Turkish.

Thanks a lot

Closed