New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

I am a newbee in this country (tunisia) and would love to interact with my fellow filipino and ofcourse other nationals and I am looking forward to future collaboration.

I am currently looking for a place to stay near or around Lac 2. I would be greatfull for any help and suggestions to stay.

Thank you in advance.

Marvin

Hello Marvin,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourself :)

The Housing in Tunisia section will be particularly useful to you in looking for a new place: definitely do post a free advert there for your accommodation search.

If you have any other queries, feel free to create topic on the Tunisia forum to gain insight from the community.

I hope you will come across lots of interesting people by interacting with our members :)

Wishing you all the best in your plans,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi people,

My name is Alex and I´ll be moving to Djerba with my wife in August. I have checked a bit about the island and seems like a paradise...

But I wonder which would be the best part to live if we want to have sunset by the beach (with beers, if possible) without being too far from the International School Victor Hugo (my wife will be teaching there)...

Thank you for providing this channel!! Keep up the great work!!

Best regards,

Alex

Hello all.  My name is Ben and i'm looking to relocate from Australia to retire.

I'd love to hear feedback on Tunisia and where is a lovely place to settle down?

I'm a divorcee with grown up children.  Looking for a quiet life.

Hope to hear from you.

Hi Benno I retired here 2 years ago and its the best thing I ever did. I left England in 2008 to live in Malta then came here. I live in Hammamet Center which is lovely. Its not touristy like Hammamet North or South and there is a great coffeeshop which I go to everymorning!!! Any questions please just ask!!

I've enjoyed working on a few projects here in Tunisia - a beautiful country - I've joined this site to sell some things in preparation for leaving... thanks for the join.

Hello Benn0,

Hope you are fine and doing well.
I found your post by chance, and it reminded me of my Australian retired neighbors (couple) who lived in Bizerte for years.
I believe they enjoyed their stay since they live 5 min (on foot) far from the beach, 1 hour far from the airport and the capital Tunis.
I recommend Bizerte for business, leisure and retirement, it's cheaper than othe touristic towns, beautiful nature (beaches, forests, lac, mountains...) not crowded and not so big...
I invite you to visit and discover. (I already invited an Australian friend that I met in Thailand, he stayed few weeks between Tunis and Bizerte). I am sure he loved the town, the beach and the food (sea food mainly :) ..)

It is worth it think about it.

Regards.

Nabil

Hi everyone and Just join this forum recently. I'm from the Fiji island based in La Marsa and employed around neighboring countries to Tunisia. I'm planning to move to another flat in La Marsa close by the seaside . Seaside is my favorite place on earth. Appreciate for the assist ance for a nice place down by the seaside in Marsa. Thank you and all the best to each and everyone. Vinaka

Hello. Jonathan here. Planning to move to Tunis 2022. My future wife is from Tunis, we was gonna get married in september 2020 but covid... So we plan for Summer 2021.

Im from Sweden. We discussed and decided that Tunis is better for us.

Here to get to know people. Happy new year.

Hi

I am a British woman married to a Tunisian and I retired here (Hammamet) summer 2019.

I am an English teacher, working in universities mainly in the Middle East for about 35 years before retiring. I had been staying in Hammamet for around 6 weeks every summer for over 30 years so fairly familiar with the way of life - summers at least.

I am rather scared about going out on my own as unfortunately I was mugged and knocked over in our driveway in 2017 resulting in a permanent back injury - but the psychological damage is worse.

Having said that, I count my blessings and I must say it looks like life here during Covid is a lot better than it would be back in England. I do enjoy the mostly lovely weather, the seasonal fruit and veg and going out for lunch and dinner occasionally.  However, I am looking forward to travelling again particularly to the UK, as our married daughter lives in England and most of my friends are there.

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to hano_m, Jonazid and helensou.  :)

@ hano_m: Covid-19 may have let you with no other choice, but let us hope that your future life as an expat in Tunisia is far more promising.  :)

@ Jonazid: I sincerely hope that you and your wife will get to celebrate this milestone as a couple like you envisioned, albeit a little later than originally planned.  ;)

@ helensou: I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this unfortunate experience.
Maybe having the company of others while being out and about will help you to slowly forget that it ever took place. Stay safe, nonetheless. :)

To all of you who have questions about daily life in Tunisia, or future/current goals you would like to accomplish here, please head to the Tunisia forum. You can ask any questions, and our members will try to provide advice and share relevant information with you to their best of their abilities.  :idontagree:

As general advice on my part, I would suggest that you browse through our Living in Tunisia guide. Every relatively new member can benefit from doing so since quite a few topics have been touched upon, from visas, job prospects, accommodation to the general lifestyle in Tunisia.

Wishing you luck and much success in each of your different endeavours,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916101

Thanks!

Closed