New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi - I am Rick.  Was in SE Asian in February right before the Covid restrictions and was planning to retire in Thailand but had to come back due to virus.  I am hoping by March I can as flights from US still restricted.  Interested in learning more about the VISA's and areas.

I loved the culture, the people, the food, and I enjoyed traveling all over SE Asia so I just want to get back and call it the end of my journey enjoying life in such a beautiful Country.

Hi Rick, Welcome!
I traveled a few times to Thailand and am the same. I love the country, food, culture, history and people so I am also planning to retire in Thailand, do some volunteering and travel. I have a trip planed for mid next year and I am hoping this Covid situation settles down so I can go.

If you want to connect let me know and we can exchange information if and when any updates on visas, opening of boarders etc. become available.

Tanya

seeing that you like travelling, have a good look at all of Thailand and don't be influenced by others and select your future home by yourself that suits your personal requirements.

Hi, yes you are absolutely right. Thailand has many lovely places but one needs to choose by itself where to live. 😊

vin from chiang mai, been here 12 years, us veteran, any questions on chiang mai or us veterans i will try to help

Hello everyone,

My name is René and I joined here in 2019 but this is my first communication so be gentle...lol!

I am planning on being a snowbird after I retire from my job with the Canadian Government in June 2021 so basically summers in Canada and winters in Thailand on a six months each way basis. 

Also thinking of trying to acquire a small business to provide some extra income during winter.

Been to Thailand a few times and made a few friends over there and I kind of know what to expect but I am looking for some advice and tricks from experienced people here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will post useful replies.

Hey, hope you all are staying safe during the outbreak.

I'm Sandy. I help my family run General Computer.

We manufacture and distribute continuous paper, envelopes, paper bags, forms, etc. Looking to expand into neighbouring countries. If anyone has experience in the Myanmar, Malaysia and Laos market please let me know!

Thank you,

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916096

Thanks!

Closed