New members of the Myanmar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Myanmar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Myanmar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi
My name is Roy. I'm English but I live in Nice in France. I plan to come to Myanmar for 6 months from around May as I am an author and researching a book. I'll be honest and say I have done virtually no planning for this, but I did visit the country last December. Any advice on rental properties etc would be appreciated. I plan to stay in Yangon. Many thanks

Hi Roy,

Nice to meet you. Actually I was born in Myanmar but I live in Singapore. I am sorry that I don't have any ideas of rental properties. However, you can check airbnb or hostels for your stay. I would say traffic is very bad in Yangon and it will be good which is near to your project area or downtown area.

Wish you have good time in Yangon.

Hello Hampson 1959 and PMWW and welcome to expat.com :)

@ PMWW, how's life in singapore, do you think about travelling back to Myanmar?

@Hampson 1959 : you can always check our Housing in Myanmar if you're interested to rent a house or a house.
What do you want to find in Myanmar? ;)

Wishing you both a godd day.

Regards.

Loïc

A quick question. I'm hoping to live in Myanmar for a six month period, yet there doesn't appear to be a visa that covers that period. Any advice?

I worked in Myanmar for Premier Oil back in 1998 to 2000.   Office was based in Bahan Township and living in Sakura Residence, Kamayut Township.

I met my wife there who comes from Kyontani in Ayerwaddy Division.

We would love to move back there, now we have 4 children.

My wife would like to teach English as she has perfected it here with me in England(!) and I would like to work as an Engineer on water treatment projects.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916035

Thanks!

Closed