New members of the Latvia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Latvia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Latvia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, my husband and I are thinking of retiring early in Latvia in the next 3 years. We are in our early 30s and prefer a peaceful lifestyle versus continuing to chase the American Dream.

I was born in Latvia and grew up in Russia until turning 12. Since then I have lived all over United States and currently reside in the world-famous expensive New York. NY is too big, loud, dirty and expensive.

We are looking for a quiet, peaceful, nature-filled place where we can build our dream home & truly live each and every day instead of constantly working and not having time to enjoy life.

We are very active people. For fun we ride bikes, run, lift/bodybuild, hike, try extreme sports such as sky diving and bunjee jumping, read, garden, cook & travel. We also enjoy an occasional beer night with video games.

Hello!
My name is Tom and I'll be arriving in Latvi next month. I'm excited as I'd like to retire early and live there. I'm here because I need some friends to meet when I arrive!

Hello V.carter and Tommyrd and thank you for introducing yourselves :)

You both have wonderful projects in Latvia and I really you will be able to seize that chance to have a peaceful environment :

- @V.carter for you couple.
- @Tommyrd for your early retirement.

I wish you both a lot of success in your expatriation in Latvia, if you have any questions, please ask them by creating a new topic.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards.

Loïc

Thank you! Can you provide me a source to locate an apartment to rent (furnished) in Riga?

Thank you

Tommyrd wrote:

Thank you! Can you provide me a source to locate an apartment to rent (furnished) in Riga?

Thank you

Welcome :)

Loïc is one of the moderators/admins on the site, their job is to police the forums. They leave members to answer questions posted,

SimcityAT
Expat Tewam

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916007

Thanks!

Closed