New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello good people!

My name is Huldah Hiltsley, I married to my wonderful husband Bart Hiltsley and we have a 2 year old daughter called Jaydah Rae.

Currently, we live and work in San Diego, California and are ready for an adventure of a life time of relocating to Kenya as soon as the right opportunity presents itself. I was born in Kenya and have deep family roots. My husband LOVES Kenya, the people and the culture. Together, we want to provide an opportunity for our daughter to grow up in that culture and also give us a better work-life balance that we so desperately need.

We travel to Kenya at least once a year for my project initiative called SaniNaps that I started in 2016. It aims to empower girls to stay in school by providing reusable sanitary napkins and basic school supplies. So relocating to Kenya will not be at all a cultural shock.

So far I am ACTIVELY searching and applying to any opportunity available.  Any advise would truly be appreciated and welcomed.

ASANTE SANA!
Thank you very much,

Hudah Hiltsley

Hello. My name is Laura. Kenyan born but travelled to France and Tanzania as a kid.
I am a recent graduate (Bachelor of Development Studies) and at the moment I am a French tutor in Nairobi. I have done all kinds of odd jobs since and before graduating such as teaching, cyber attendant, laundry lady and sales&marketing.
I am trained professionally in social work and open to opportunities both within and outside Kenyan borders. I am very computer literate and have experience at rehab and childrens homes and health NGOs.
I have interned at Compassion International before for 3 months. It was a great experience!

Hello HHiltsley & Lau_Favor,

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for your introductions :)

[at]HHiltsley: The project initiative you started to support Kenyan girls sounds like a very interesting and beneficial endeavour. As for your job search, you may post a free advert in the Jobs in Kenya section.

[at]Lau_Favor: You seem to have had quite a lot of experience, work-wise. However, I would advise you to not post your contact details on the forum for your own safety. I see that you already have posted adverts for your job search and to offer French classes. The interested parties will reach out to you through your adverts.

Feel free to post new topics on the Kenya forum if anyone of you has questions which concern moving to/living in Kenya.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com