New members of the Japan forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Japan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Japan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello nice to E-meet you,

My name is James and I plan to expand my recruitment business to Japan. I'm here to create opportunities for Japanese speakers to work in South East Asia and South East Asia people to work in Japan.

Hi,
My name is Aymeric Pinchart I'm 18 and I'm taking a gap year. My family is living in Kyoto so I would like to find a job there to experience the life in Japan. I love travelling, living 6 years in Vietnam opened my mind to new places, people, ambiances and living cultures. I wondered if you could give me any advice in finding a job even though I don't speak the local language.

Hi everyone,

My name is Leonardo Wang, i'm chinese origin but i passed most of my life in italy.
my family moved to italy when i was 11, and since then i fell in love with this country. I love the food, the culture, the story and of course the girls.
After graduation i wanted try new experiences, so i moved to japan on my own. I was always fascinated by the japanese culture. Maybe its just me, but i think the is some affinity with the italian culture.
Now i live in kobe, i have a small company and i'm always looking for new opportunities of collaboration to meet new people and make new experience.

Hello, My name is Lilly. I am half english and half german.
I am a University student majoring in Social Work and just completed a 3 month internship at Abroad School Osaka, Japan last Summer.
I worked with children between the ages of 1 and 6.
In germany i completed a 1 year internship at a local kindergarden with the same age group. Since i was 16 years old i have been babysitting for a local family. This Year i would like to spend my last Semester Holiday as a Nanny or Aupair working in Osaka, because i am planning on moving there after Graduation.
Over the last 5 years i have worked in a bakery, selling strawberrys and 2 different stores in my City so i enjoy working and gavering expirience.
I hope i find a tempory job for a duration of around 3 months in the Kansai or Hyogo area.

Hey, my name is Artem, I'm IT engineer from Ukraine, living in Tokyo since 2012. I like reading, hiking, cycling and I'm mostly interested in space exploration. These days I have to stay at home and practice social distancing because of this coronavirus pandemic, which is really boring, can't wait until it's over and life is back to normal.

Hello nice to meet you,

My name is Kat and I plan to expand my Blog business to Japan. I'm here to create opportunities for Filipinos who want to work and live in Japan.

Hi, my name is Onur, I'm an engineer & architect from Turkey.
Living in Tokyo since 2018.
Languages: Turkish, English and Japanese
Like Tennis, Outdoor, Space, and drinking coffee with friends.
I have been spending time at home recently, same as everyone, due to coronavirus.
But it is time to get social again and meet other expats.
I am looking forward to your messages, regardless of gender or nation :)

Hello onuresen,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Thank you for the introduction.  :top:

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to post them on the Japan forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Hi. I'm Tadzi. I'm a IT teacher at a primary school in Zimbabwe. I plan on moving to Japan in the near future because it has always been my dream since i was a kid. I'm interested in experiencing a new environment. I plan on building my better future in Japan.

I plan on furthering my education and learn Japanese in 2021 before moving to Japan. I hope to find a job over there so that i can start building my life independently.

@ Adry White :

As you are new here, can you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi guys,

Chris here, nice to meet you. I am a qualified South African language teacher looking to move to Japan in the coming years. I have both local and international experience in the field. My primary motivation for choosing Japan is actually very simple. I'm an otaku. Not exactly an understood or appreciated concept where I come from. I love the culture, the freedom of being able to be myself around like minded people.

With that being said, in terms of my career, my goals are straightforward. We live in a global society and many of the educational problems have been resolved in other places. Moving to a place like Japan, will enhance my own abilities to reach my students instead of spending a lifetime trying to reinvent the wheel on teaching methods that work in a modern society.

Take care,

arigato!

Hi there and good evening,
My name Syafiq and I'm supervisor at local IT company. I have TEFL certificate and my education just Diploma in Computing Science. I have been in Japan for 6 years following my father who work as engineer at Tokyu Car Corporation. We stay 1 year at Hokaido, 1 year at Yokohama and the rest at Sakai City, Osaka.
I would like to go back where I grow up and teach there.
That all for now,
Nice to e-meet you all..

Hello Chris, Quintin & Syafiq,

A warm welcome to all three of you on behalf of the Expat.com community :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves and sharing your plans with us :)

For all queries about living in/moving to Japan, please feel free to create new topics on the Japan forum to ask for advice from our members and learn from their past and present experiences on their expat journey. :)

Another useful resource to look through would be the Living in Japan guide which should be browsed through for its many articles on various subjects from visa formalities to health care in Japan.

Best of luck in making your move a successful one.  ;)

Diksha
Team Expat.com

HEY

Hi everyone!

I'm a 29 year old female who will be teaching in Tokyo starting September 2020! I have lived abroad once before for work (China) but because of everything happening in the world it feels a little overwhelming to be looking into relocating next month. I'm here in hopes of making some new friends to eventually meet up with in Tokyo so feel free to say hello and share any tips and tricks! :)

Hello Desstile,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

Thank you for introducing yourself.

I really hope that you will be able to make some new friends.

Should you have any questions related to expat life or if you want to share your experience with us, do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Japan forum:top:

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Hi everyone,

I'm a European based in London who married a Japanese girl.

My plans of relocating from London to Tokyo have been slowed down by Covid and I hope to find some help here to navigate all the bureaucracy and restrictions to travel that have been applied to enter Japan!

Hello everyone! My name is Julie and I am considering a move to Chiba once the pandemic is over and travel restrictions are lifted. I don't mind waiting as there is a lot to prepare for and a lot of time to save some money aside.

I am currently living in the US where I am an animator and illustrator at a small games and educational media company, I wonder if I can find work in this field in the Tokyo area? I am open to teaching English at first however. I also want to document my experience and every day life once I am living there.

My biggest worry is not making any social connections or friends. Since I am not a student, it might be harder to meet new people and make new friends. I have a friend in Kyoto, and many friends in the States, but I don't know anyone in Tokyo.

Hello all.  I am currently working abroad but hope to retire in Japan with my wife in another year or two.  I have traveled some of Japan but want to do more mostly by train so that we can see the countryside.  We haven't decided on our retirement location yet.  I like to do a little fishing and bicycling.

Hello , I'm Jazminn & I'm considering moving to Tokyo also to go to language school in July .

I'm sure you will meet people. It may take time & effort on your part but from work & exploring it should be very easy to meet some great people.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915998

Thanks!

Closed