New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Julien

I hope things have been awesome!
Im jotting you a quick note to let you know that Im currently searching for a new career opportunity, Im ideally looking for a job

I would say it was a mix of career ambition and an innate desire to experience something different. I was starting to get bored in my job as a quality analyst. I was making decent money and I liked my job but I needed a change. I had also already lived in a few different cities in India. Ireland was on my radar because the duration and the costs involved were lesser than most other places. Also, the visa and work permit laws were friendlier. We Indians require a visa to go to most countries and a work permit to start working there. As this is not that simple, combining a career move with the desire to move abroad is a good option.

My strengths are hard working, easily adaptable to any kind of environment, and team worker.

My Weakness is I am not comfortable, until I finish my work in the given time & over friendly in nature.

Let me know if I can ever return the favor, . Im happy to do so!

Thanks,
Alwin Raj
India / Karnataka, Bangalore

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm not sure who has told you this or where you've been looking, but to describe Ireland as friendly for visa and work permit laws in regards to Indian citizens is almost certainly not an accurate description; you will need both a visa and a work permit and neither process could be described as friendly and nobody can get them for you.

In fact, unless you have a specific key skill that they are looking for, you can't get a work permit and without that, you won't get a visa either.  At the top of this forum is a link to our "Ireland - Work Permits thread", my advice is to read that, see if you qualify for any of the key skills described, then if you do and have any further specific questions, come back and ask here.

One last word - watch out for scammers; there are a lot of people being defrauded by criminals pretending they have a job for you (not just Ireland); they have authentic-looking websites, but they will ask you for money upfront, absolutely give nobody any money upfront - they are scammers, real employers do not ask for your money.

Sadly, the above applies to the whole of Europe, so take care.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Good day,

I'm a 30 year old South African who found love back in 2019 with someone residing in Dublin, Ireland. I took a big risk and made a visit in December of 2019 until January 2020 in order to meet with my partner for the first time and get a tiny glimpse of Ireland and it's people.

The next step is to find work and move from South Africa to Ireland. I am currently a Graphic Designer and have been for 8 years. I've searched many job postings in Ireland and have seen the web development and I.T are favoured skills hence my decision to study web development and UI/UI design.

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can on this forum. If anyone can offer some advice or assistance in what route I should start taking, that would be a great help.

Creative regards,
Leah

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will need a work permit in order to live and work in Ireland; at the top of this Ireland Forum is a link to our Ireland - Work Permit thread; I'd advise you to read it and the links it contains; it will help you work out if you have any chance of getting a job in Ireland.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi All.

I am moving to Dublin 2nd Week of March this year.
looking for all the help I can get.
Mostly for accommodation in or close to Dublin City Center.
looking to meeting and discovering.

Dipesh

Hi Cynic,

Thank you so much. I'll look over there right now :)